The Taiwan Tourism Bureau (TTB) is pleased to announce the launch of the Time to Eat – Time for Taiwan – “Taste Taiwan” Culinary Tour Chef Nomination website.
The Taiwan Tourism Bureau is now accepting nominations for “up-and-coming” chefs from each of the following three cities: Los Angeles, New York, and Vancouver. Three chefs (one from each city) will be selected to participate in an exclusive eight-day culinary tour of Taiwan in December.
A TV production crew will film the three chefs on their journey as they discover the epicurean highlights of the island. As part of the trip, the chefs will have the opportunity to experience Taiwan’s best restaurants, fresh produce markets, night markets, and culinary institutes. The recorded footage will be produced into a 30-minute show that will air in the U.S. in January 2014.
Upon returning to their respective cities, the chefs will host a “Taste Taiwan” culinary event at their restaurant to launch a new Taiwan-inspired menu.
Some notable nominations for the “Taste Taiwan” Culinary Tour thus far include:
- Ben Pollinger, Executive Chef at Oceana, who leads the New York City restaurant with a distinctive style of cooking that artfully blends the finest seafood with the best ingredients from a global pantry. In addition to maintaining Oceana’s Michelin star for seven consecutive years, Pollinger has received outstanding reviews from various food critics, and his work has also been featured on television programs like NBC’s “The Today Show” and “Chef’s Table” on ABC News;
- David Féau, Consulting Partner and Chef of Le Ka, whose sophisticated yet approachable dishes highlight the complexity and beauty of ingredients in their truest state. With an impressive background and successful culinary career in Paris and throughout the United States, Féau brings a distinctly French twist to California cuisine in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles;
- Thomas Heinrich, Executive Chef of Mosaic Bar and Grill, who specializes in indigenous Australian products and cuisine. Chef Heinrich was honored as one of Australia’s “most creative chefs” and always has a deep-rooted desire to showcase the best from local growers and producers. Quality ingredients, meticulous preparation, and a genuine love for flavor allow his culinary dishes to speak for themselves;
- Tom Hugenberger, Chef and Partner of Library Alehouse, whose culinary background in French technique serves as a strong basis for innovation. Additionally, his Korean, Japanese, Dutch and Irish heritage might explain his Asian and European influenced menu at the Library Alehouse. Chef Hugenberger’s expertise in layering textures and flavors has become his trademark, along with serving two different versions of the same ingredients in one dish;
- Trevor Bird, Chef and Owner of Fable, whose fairly new status in the culinary world is growing at a rapid rate. Season 2 of Food Network’s “Top Chef Canada” is where Chef Bird was launched onto the culinary scene and where the vision of Fable was created. Since then, his restaurant has received high praise, and he has been asked to cook at various high-profile events such as the VISA Infinite Dinner and GE Monogram.
Nominations will be accepted until October 20, 2013.
For more details, visit: www.tastetaiwan2013.com. Find us on Facebook and Twitter
About Taiwan Tourism Bureau:
The Taiwan Tourism Bureau is the official government agency responsible for domestic and international tourism policy development and execution. There are three North American Tourism Offices located in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
For information about Taiwan, please visit: www.go2taiwan.net.