- 1 oz. Rhubarb Tea
- 1 oz. Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur
- 1 oz. Lillet Rosé
- .75 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3 dashes Absinthe
- Strawberry slice and mint sprig or edible flower
- Shake ingredients with ice and fine strain into a chilled coupe glass, garnish with a strawberry slice and a mint sprig or an edible flower.
Major Bailey (by Jon Santer)
- 2 oz Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 Sugar cube
- ¼ oz simple
- 8 Leaves Mint
- Muddle in julep glass.
- Top with crushed ice until a mountain peak of ice forms above the glass.
- Garnish with copious amounts of mint and a cucumber spear.
- 2 oz Lillet Rosé
- 1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
- Mint, lightly spanked before inserting.
- Rub 2-3 mint leaves inside of julep cup, then discard leaves.
- Add Chartreuse & Lillet Rosé, fill midway with crushed ice, swizzle or stir to agitate and incorporate, then add more Crushed Ice.
- Top with spanked mint sprigs.
Blackberry Mint Julep Margarita
- 2 parts Milagro Anejo
- 1 part Lime Juice
- 1 part Honey Syrup
- 5 Blackberries
- 6 Mint Leaves
- Muddle berries and mint.
- Add rest, shake and strain over ice in julep glass.
- Garnish with blackberries and mint sprig.
Tip from Gaston Martinez, Milagro Tequila Ambassador: Substituting the bourbon for Anejo tequila makes sense since we mature this tequila in used bourbon casks. The cask is a huge source of the flavor found in both spirits and will have many similarities. Salud!!!
The Tullamore Dewlep
- 2 oz Tullamore D.E.W. Original
- ½ oz white vanilla sugar syrup
- Dash peach bitters
- 12 mint leaves
- Pour all ingredients into a cup.
- Gently muddle mint, fill with crushed ice and stir gently to combine garnish with a sprig of mint and straw (Requires use of Julep cup for maximum impact)
Kentucky and Ireland have a great deal in common. They both produce fine fiddlers, fine horses and fine whiskey. And, while musicians trade tunes and breeders trade horses, whiskey aficionados trade recipes – like this Irish twist on a Southern classic. – Tullamore D.E.W National Brand Ambassador, Tim Herlihy
About William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons, Ltd. is an independent family-owned distiller headquartered in the United Kingdom and founded by William Grant in 1887. Today, the luxury spirits company is run by the fifth generation of his family and distills some of the world’s leading brands of Scotch whisky, including the world’s most awarded single malt Glenfiddich, The Balvenie range of handcrafted single malts and the world’s third largest blended Scotch Grant’s along with iconic premium spirits brands Hendrick’s Gin, Sailor Jerry Rum, Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey and Milagro Tequila.
William Grant & Sons has been honored as “Distiller of the Year” by the prestigious International Wine & Spirit Competition and International Spirits Challenge eleven times over the past 15 years, and most recently by the IWSC in 2013.
Founded in 1964, William Grant & Sons USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of William Grant & Sons, Ltd. and features one of the fastest growing spirits portfolios in the USA with brands including Glenfiddich, The Balvenie, Hendrick’s Gin, Sailor Jerry Rum, Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Milagro Tequila, Grant’s, Hudson Whiskey, Gibson’s Finest, Monkey Shoulder, Clan MacGregor, Reyka Vodka, Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, Montelobos Mezcal, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Lillet, Art In The Age, The Knot, and Raynal French Brandy. For more information on the company and its brands, please visit www.grantusa.com.