Au Bon Pain, the international cafe bakery and a leader in the fast casual restaurant category, announced today the availability of new summer menu items at its U.S. cafes. Available from June 23 until Aug. 24, 2014, the special menu will feature seasonal options perfect for the warmer summer months, including a Lobster Salad Sandwich, deliciously light Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup, and Toasted Coconut Latte, available hot or iced for only $1.99.
New Petit Plates are also part of the summer menu. These are smaller sized portions, perfect for a snack, as an add-on to a soup or sandwich, or as a small individual meal. With an emphasis on protein and whole grains, several varieties of Petit Plates will be available, each with a unique flavor profile and appropriate for any craving or time of day. Most Petit Plates contain fewer than 340 calories.
“Summer is a special time of year, when people like to change the pace of their daily lives to enjoy the sunshine, warmer weather and fresh foods of the season. To celebrate the summer and the relaxed state of mind, we’re delighted to offer our fresh summer menu lineup,” said Maria Feicht, Au Bon Pain’s Chief Branding Officer. “We invite our guests to try all the new additions to the summer menu or their favorite staple menu item.”
The summer menu features a Lobster Salad Sandwich on fresh baked sweet bread, exclusive to Au Bon Pain, and Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup, as well as a distinctive Toasted Coconut Latte (available either hot or iced for only $1.99!). Additionally, guests at Au Bon Pain this summer can continue to enjoy popular selections from the spring menu, including the BBQ Chicken and Fresh Fruit & Baby Kale salads, the lemon CroisBun (part flaky croissant, part buttery bun with lemon sweet cheese filling), and mini pies (available in blueberry or strawberry rhubarb flavors).
“It’s always a pleasure to see which seasonal menu items our guests enjoy the most. With our summer menu, we’re pleased to join together our staple menu items with customized options for summer alongside favorites from our late spring menu,” said Feicht. “We look forward to celebrating the summer season with our guests by showcasing these delicious new options that speak to every appetite.”
Au Bon Pain’s new summer menu and ingredients include:
· Lobster Salad Sandwich—North Atlantic lobster with lite mayo, lettuce and tomatoes on a sweet bread (440 calories)
· Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup—Orzo, pulled chicken, carrots and celery in a chicken broth with a touch of cream (available in small/medium/large sizes; 160, 230, and 310 calories)
· Toasted Coconut Latte (Iced or Hot)— Espresso and toasted coconut syrup topped with frothed milk, available iced or hot (260 calories)
Petit Plate options and ingredients include:
· Brie, Cheddar and Fruit with Crackers—Brie, cheddar, red grapes and assorted crackers (310 calories)
· Wheatberry Waldorf Salad—Wheatberries, Granny Smith apples, dried cranberries and walnuts tossed with citrus dressing and topped with arugula (310 calories)
· Chicken, Chickpea and Tomato Salad—All-natural chicken with a touch of pesto, chickpeas and roasted tomatoes tossed with balsamic vinaigrette on a bed of arugula (200 calories)
· Hummus and Pita Chip Snack Pack—Classic hummus and multigrain pita chips (320 calories)
· Mediterranean Power Pack—Classic hummus, cucumbers, Wheatberry Waldorf salad and assorted nuts (1020 calories)
For more information on the new menu or to find an Au Bon Pain location near you, visit www.aubonpain.com.
About Au Bon Pain
Founded in 1978, Au Bon Pain (“the place of good bread”) has grown into an internationally recognized leader in the fast casual restaurant category. The chain’s signature items—sandwiches, breads, pastries, salads, soups and coffee—are served in welcoming cafe environments emphasizing quick service and hospitality. Au Bon Pain offers consumers a wide array of delicious, nutritional foods, and over the last three years has earned Health magazine’s designation as one of America;s Top 5 Healthiest Restaurant Chains.
Au Bon Pain operates in six key trade channels including urban office buildings, hospitals, universities, transportation centers, malls and museums, with locations ranging from 300-square-foot satellites to 6,500-square-foot cafes with 100-plus seats. It currently operates in 318 locations in the U.S. and internationally. Additional information about Au Bon Pain, which is headquartered in Boston, may be found at www.aubonpain.com.