HARD ROCK CAFE ANNOUNCES LINEUP FOR FIRST WORLD BURGER TOUR
Local Legendary™ Burgers from Around the World to Hit
Hard Rock Cafe Menus in the United States
ORLANDO, Fla., April 30, 2015 – For the first time ever, Hard Rock Cafe gives guests a backstage pass to sample Local Legendary™ Burger offerings, showcasing the flavor and ingredients at Hard Rock locations across the globe as part of its new World Burger Tour menu. These unique burger “acts” from five continents will take center stage at Hard Rock Cafes in the United States beginning on Friday, May 1 through Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
Hard Rock gives chefs at their cafes the freedom to create a unique Local Legendary Burger that captures the local flavors of their city and is only available at that cafe location…until now! More than 150 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team, with fan favorites selected to star on a limited-time World Burger Tour menu. From the Java Lava Legendary Burger in Seattle to the Schnitzel Legendary Burger in Germany, Hard Rock’s Local Legendary Burgers are packing their bags (or buns) and heading out to Hard Rock Cafes across the country.
“As a global brand, Hard Rock understands the importance of tailoring its menu and embracing the different taste profiles of guests at each of our locations,” said Michael Beacham, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Corporate Cafes for Hard Rock International. “The World Burger Tour provides us with a new way to share a taste of the Local Legendary experience with burger fans around the world!”
Sizzling headliners featured as part of Hard Rock Cafe’s World Burger Tour menu include:
- Java Lava Burger – this American Legendary from Seattle features a Certified Angus Beef® patty grilled and dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Tillamook Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño
- Haggis Burger – this Scottish Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with savory haggis, melted Monterey Jack cheese, golden turnip frazzles and a whisky maple glaze
- Schnitzel Burger – this German Legendary features two stacks of tender pork schnitzel lightly breaded and made crispy to order, topped with crunchy sauerkraut, spicy brown mustard and savory bacon
- The Aussie Burger – this Australian Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with caramelized onions, a fried egg, Cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and beetroot
- Marimba Burger – this Guatemalan Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with a chipotle and jalapeño spiced layer of beans, fresh salsa, Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese and crispy tortilla straws
- Banh Mi Burger – this Vietnamese Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with house-made Vietnamese glaze, pickled vegetables and cucumbers accompanied by a garnish of cilantro and green onions
- Sweet & Sour Burger – this Chinese Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with a fried onion ring, bell peppers and grilled pineapple drizzled with house-made sweet and sour sauce
- Tandoori Spiced Chicken Burger – this Indian Legendary features a dark meat chicken patty seasoned with aromatic spices and fresh herbs, topped with mint mayonnaise and served with a side of cucumber
- Date Burger – this United Arab Emirates Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with rich date chutney, diced fresh dates and a dollop of cream cheese
- The Bosphorus Burger – this Turkish Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with homemade eggplant salad, fresh and flavorful haydari sauce and pickle slices
- Lancashire Hot Pot Burger – this English Legendary features a juicy lamb burger broiled until tender and topped with caramelized onions, crispy carrot frazzles and mint mayonnaise
- The Andean Burger – this Bolivian Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with tender avocado slices, a fried egg, melted Cheddar cheese and garlic mayonnaise
- Chamorro Burger – this Southern Pacific Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with house-made Chamorro glaze, chili paste and spicy Pepper Jack cheese
- Mango Mahi Burger – this Caribbean Legendary features blackened Mahi Mahi topped with a Caribbean-style mango salsa and citrus mayonnaise
- Cuban Burger – this American Legendary from Miami features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with marinated pulled pork, melted Swiss cheese and sweet plantains
Local Legendary Burgers are served with lettuce, tomato and paired with the ultimate sidekick – Hard Rock’s Savory Artisan french fries. Throughout the World Burger Tour, each french fry selection is paired with a complementary signature dipping sauce. Guests in select markets can choose from Hard Rock’s classic seasoned french fries or additional new offerings, including Chili Seasoned Fries with Chipotle Garlic Ketchup, Parmesan Romano Fries with Garlic Aioli and Herb and Garlic Fries with Chimichurri Mayo*.
“Local chefs at Hard Rock Cafes take great pride in conceptualizing and creating a Local Legendary Burger that perfectly captures the culinary essence of their home city,” said Russell Booth, Executive Chef for Hard Rock International. “I speak for each of them when I say we’re excited to take our Legends on the road this summer!”
Just like the artists whose memorabilia lines the walls at Hard Rock locations worldwide, the burgers that Hard Rock Cafe serves are nothing short of “Legendary.” All Legendary Burgers feature the highest quality meats, fresh ingredients, savory sauces and rich, melted cheeses. Every half-pound Angus burger is made with Hard Rock’s proprietary blend of premium Certified Angus Beef.
As part of the World Burger Tour menu, Hard Rock Cafes will also showcase the brand’s world-famous cocktails, including:
- Mai Tai One On – a South Pacific-inspired cocktail that features a refreshing blend of Mount Gay Eclipse Rum, Cointreau® Orange Liqueur, Monin Orgeat, a splash of lime and orange juice
- Pomegranate Mule – a mix of ABSOLUT® Vodka, Monin Pomegranate and ginger beer make this summertime favorite from Russia
- Mezcarita – this refreshing and smoky margarita, which hails from Mexico, is a perfect combination of Del Maguey Mezcal, Cointreau® Orange Liqueur, Malibu® Coconut and fresh strawberries
- Pineapple Ginger Caipirinha – a Brazilian blend of Água Luca™ Cachaça and pineapple with the subtle hint of Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
- Maple Old Fashioned – a twist on a classic American cocktail that features Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, cherries, maple syrup and orange juice garnished with a crisp bacon stir stick
World Burger Tour menus vary by location. Guests can stop by Hard Rock Cafe to try out the latest items or visit www.hardrock.com for more information.
About Hard Rock International
With a total of 199 venues in 63 countries, including 153 cafes, 21 hotels and 10 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world’s greatest collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise, Hard Rock Live performance venues and an award-winning website. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Tampa and Hollywood, Fl., both owned and operated by HRI parent company The Seminole Tribe of Florida, as well as other exciting locations including Bali, Chicago, Cancun, Ibiza, Las Vegas, Macau and San Diego. Upcoming new Hard Rock Cafe locations include San Juan, Rio de Janeiro and Marrakech. New Hard Rock Hotel projects include Daytona Beach, Dubai, Los Cabos, Tenerife, Abu Dhabi, and Shenzhen and Haikou in China. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com.