TAKE A SIP OF SUMMER WITH RETURN OF
GORDON BIERSCH’S HANDCRAFTED
SOMMERBRAU BEER AND FRESH NEW MENU ITEMS
-Award-Winning Brewery Restaurant Brings Back Popular Seasonal Beer-
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – June 16, 2015 – Gordon Biersch is soaking up summer with its annual SommerBrau tapping parties and a new flavorful summer menu for a limited-time at participating restaurants across the country.
Now through July 19, guests can enjoy Gordon Biersch’s SommerBrau beer, a golden, refreshing Kölsch-style beer from Cologne, Germany. With just a hint of fruitiness, this light bodied beer with crisp finish offers the perfect libation for summertime enjoyment.
“Every summer has a story to tell and we’re excited to tell ours with the rollout of our annual SommerBrau beer and local tappings in select markets, which we’re sure our guests will love,” said Stan Frankenthaler, chief officer of food, beverage and strategic supply for CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc. “This season, we’re offering a variety of new menu items made with fresh in-season ingredients to pair perfectly with a refreshing glass of SommerBrau.”
As part of the promotion, Gordon Biersch’s limited-time menu of new dishes includes:
- Beer-Infused Mussels – Blue mussels steamed in garlic butter, fresh herbs, house beer, lemon and crushed red peppers, served with pretzel crostinis.
- Beef Tenderloin Salad – Spinach tossed in warm bacon vinaigrette. Topped with grilled filet, avocado, tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, pancetta and crispy onions.
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich – Shrimp tossed in a creamy dressing with apples, celery, red onions, dill, lemon and Dijon. Served chilled on toasted ciabatta with tomatoes and arugula.
- Beer-Battered Halibut & Chips – Dipped in Märzen batter and fried, with tartar sauce, apple cider slaw, and salt and pepper fries.
- Gorgonzola Ribeye – 12 oz. grilled boneless ribeye with gorgonzola butter, served with your choice of two sides.
- Simply Grilled Mahi Mahi – Mahi Mahi fillet, seasoned and grilled to perfection. Served with your choice of two sides.
- White Chocolate Mousse Lemon Cake – Decadent white chocolate mousse between lemon cakes, topped with citrus lemon glaze, blueberry sauce and fresh blueberries. Dusted with powdered sugar.
Earlier this year, Gordon Biersch unveiled its new, chef-driven menu, featuring made-from-scratch, seasonal recipes across the brand’s food, beer and cocktail offerings. Additionally, the restaurant chain began offering a wider variety of beers while staying true to the traditional brewing methods of the Reinheitsgebot or German Beer Purity Law; a wine list comprised of well-known producers from top growing regions around the world; and a fun cocktail menu focused on the classics.