PENNER-ASH WINE CELLARS DEBUTS FRESH EXPERIENCES FOR WINE COUNTRY VISITORS
Expanded tour and tasting offerings take guests behind-the-scenes and into the vineyards of the lauded Willamette Valley winery
PORTLAND, Ore. (July 6, 2015) – Just in time for the summer and fall wine travel seasons, Penner-Ash Wine Cellars has created an extensive menu of new taste experiences at the winery. Owners Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite visitors beyond the tasting room to tour the Willamette Valley winery, taste library Pinot noir wines in the intimate setting of the Fireside Room, hike among the vines, and enjoy a picnic lunch in the estate vineyard or tasting room as part of these experiences. New offerings for groups small and large include a variety of private event options featuring culinary delights created in collaboration with local chefs, caterers and restaurants.
Penner-Ash Wine Cellars’ new tasting and tour experiences include:
- Two complimentary drop-in tours daily, at 11:30am and 2:30pm (duration, 30 minutes). Tour the beautiful gravity flow winery to learn about the winemaking process and what makes Penner-Ash wines so special.
- Private winery tours with flight of five wines are $35 per person; add a boxed lunch for $70 (reservations required).
- Guided hikes take visitors through the Estate Vineyards to learn about our viticultural practices. Enjoy a flight of five wines along the way to explore how Pinot noir made from a single vineyard is a reflection of each vintage, $50 per person; or $70 with a boxed lunch picnic (reservations required).
- Private seated tastings of six wines on the fermentation deck within the working winery are $40 per person; with a walking tour, $50 per person; with the addition of Pas de Nom limited availability library wines and a tour, $75 per person. In-season, private seated tastings are also available on the outdoor patio overlooking the Chehalem Valley (reservations required).
- Library wine tastings for drop-in visitors are now available in a flight of three select older vintages of Pinot noir at the new Library Bar tucked into the winery’s Fireside Room, $25 per person.>
Penner-Ash Wine Cellars has also created a robust menu of all-inclusive private dining and wine tasting experiences for businesses and social groups at multiple levels, including lunches and dinners that work with local chefs and catering companies. The offerings range from a casual wine tasting and tour to the top-tier experience of a seven-course Gastronomic Tasting Menu by Chef Christopher Dahl from the Art of Catering paired with Penner-Ash Wine Cellars’ Pas de Nom wines for $350 per person. The expanded hospitality offerings are led by new General Manager Patrick Connelly and Diana Roderique, Penner-Ash Wine Cellars’ new Direct Sales Manager. Roderique is a Certified Sommelier and a CIA-trained chef, and expert food and beverage pairings are her specialty. Overlooking the picturesque Chehalem Valley, Penner-Ash Wine Cellars is the ultimate Oregon wine country destination for their highly-ranked wines and unique visitor experiences.
For a full menu of Penner-Ash Wine Cellars’ tastings and hospitality offerings, visit the winery’s newly relaunched website, www.pennerash.com
About Penner-Ash Wine Cellars
Penner-Ash Wine Cellars was founded by Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash in 1998. Located in Newberg, Ore., Penner-Ash is a sustainable, gravity-flow winery surrounded by estate vineyards in an exceptional setting overlooking the Chehalem Valley. Lynn studied at the University of California, Davis, the birthplace of the American wine industry, and was the first female winemaker hired in Oregon. Ron served as a public school teacher for 20 years and has been recognized and awarded for his developments in technology and innovation. Embraced by 80 acres of land, the Penner-Ash winery sits amid 15 acres of Pinot Noir grapes and is stepped into the hillside on three levels. The tiered position takes full advantage of the breathtaking and expansive views of the vineyard and the valley, bound by the Chehalem Mountains to the north and the Red Hills of Dundee to the south. The first harvest from the estate vineyard was in 2005 and Penner-Ash wines have consistently received high rankings year after year. As pioneers in the Oregon wine industry, Lynn and Ron strive to push the boundaries while maintaining a consistently high quality in their wines with each vintage of Pinot Noir, Syrah, Riesling and Viognier. Their dedication to philanthropic initiatives is evident in fundraising concerts and dinners hosted at the winery each summer, as well as sponsorship of numerous wine events throughout the year. Penner-Ash Wine Cellars’ winery and tasting room is located at 15771 N.E. Ribbon Ridge Road in Newberg, Ore., and is open daily for tastings 11am – 5pm, and tours and seated tastings by reservation. For all reservations call (503) 554-5545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit pennerash.com and follow Penner-Ash Wine Cellars on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.