AFTER BRASSERIE 114 FAUBOURG (* Michelin star) IN 2011, EPICURE RESTAURANT (*** Michelin stars) IS VOTED “BEST CULINARY EXPERIENCE” AT THE 2015 VIRTUOSO® BEST OF THE BEST AWARDS
PARIS, Aug. 13, 2015 – A globally recognized dining experience. International luxury travel network Virtuoso® announced the winners of its prestigious 2015 Best of the Best hotel awards last night at its 27th annual Virtuoso Travel Week conference, where Epicure, the three-star gourmet restaurant of Le Bristol Paris, one of the flagships of the Oetker Collection, was recognized as the Best Culinary Experience, four years after brasserie 114 Faubourg received the same accolade.
This award is a tribute to both the excellence and creativity of the cuisine of Chef Eric Frechon but it also establishes Le Bristol Paris as a unique culinary destination worldwide. Chef Eric Frechon and his team are once more rewarded for their exceptional day-to-day work, creating an internationally recognized dining experience at Le Bristol, the only hotel in Europe offering its guests “four” Michelin stars.
Didier Le Calvez, President and Managing Director of Le Bristol Paris, says: “We are pleasantly surprised and take enormous pride in being recognized for the second time from Virtuoso Best of the Best, since our 114 Faubourg brasserie (one Michelin star) was honored in 2011. This is a unique circumstance in that it is a first in the history of the Best of the Best awards. I am extremely proud to work with Chef Eric Frechon and sincerely thank the Epicure teams. Thanks in particular to director Frédéric Kaiser, another Meilleur Ouvrier de France (Best Craftsman of France) just like Eric Frechon, for his work and daily commitment to excellence.
This new distinction is a remarkable echo of Saveur magazine’s “Best Hotel Restaurant of the World” awarded to Epicure late last year. Finally, this recognition is excellent news for Céleste, the gourmet restaurant at the Lanesborough in London, Oetker Collection’s newest hotel, which just reopened and is helmed by none other than Eric Frechon’s right-hand man, Florian Favario. Eric Frechon, who is still based in Paris, will oversee fine dining at this new establishment.”
Frank Marrenbach, CEO Oetker Collection said ‘Epicure as well as the Brasserie 114 Faubourg reflect perfectly the type of culinary experience we aspire to across Oetker Collection. We are delighted to see that this has been recognised by such a prestigious award.’
The Oetker Collection sales teams, beginning with Catherine Hodoul-Baudry, Caroline Goux and Adelaïda Borg, would like to thank all of the agents who constitute the Virtuoso network for their support and confidence in these last years.
“Virtuoso has been hand-selecting the world’s finest properties for its famed Hotels & Resorts program for more than two decades, so deciding which ones represent the Best of the Best is challenging each year,” said Albert Herrera, senior vice president, Global Product Partnerships for Virtuoso. “The Best of the Best winners exemplify the highest standard of hospitality excellence in their given category and it’s a pleasure to celebrate Le Bristol Paris’ gourmet restaurant Epicure as the Best Culinary Experience.”
About Virtuoso’s Best of the Best Awards
Virtuoso’s Best of the Best awards recognizes the industry’s top properties and hoteliers. The network’s famed Hotels & Resorts Program consists of more than 1,000 hotels, resorts, villas, and private-island retreats in 100 countries, including more five-star properties than any other travel organization. Established in 1992, Virtuoso’s is the industry’s longest-running hospitality program and offers its clients the most advantageous benefits at an average of $450 per stay.
The Best of the Best winners represent the highest standard in their given category.
Editors of VIRTUOSO LIFE, the network’s exclusive award-winning magazine, reviewed numerous member nominations and researched hundreds of properties to select the best ones.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
- L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg St-Honoré.
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic chateau of excellence nestled in the heart of Provence, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
- Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
- Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- The Lanesborough London – classically British service in a remarkably refined and charming grand residence
- Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.