The Umstead Unveils Plans for an Elegant, Epicurean Holiday Season
CARY, N.C. – Sept. 3, 2015 – Host of the region’s most elegant holiday gatherings, The Umstead Hotel and Spa has unveiled its calendar of culinary happenings for the 2015 holiday season. Executive Chef Steven Greene and his award-winning team at Herons, the hotel’s five-star signature restaurant, are putting the finishing touches on a steady stream of epicurean events from Thanksgiving through New Year’s, and ranging from an elegant Caviar + Champagne evening to fun-filled teas with Santa.
- Thanksgiving, Thurs., Nov. 26: Thanksgiving dinner at Herons is a farm-to-fork affair that celebrates the best of the local harvest in inspired, artful treatments of holiday favorites. Dinner will be served from 12 noon to 6 p.m. and is priced at $85 per person and $25 per child (ages 3-10). There is a 72-hour cancellation policy with a $25 no-show fee per person.
- Tea with Santa, Sat. & Sun., Nov. 28 – Dec. 20; Mon. & Tues., Dec. 21-22: Santa arrives at The Umstead on Saturday, Nov. 28, to host a series of teas that promise to delight all ages. Limited to 40 guests, each tea is priced at $65 per person and advanced purchase is required. Tickets go on sale at 8 a.m. on Wed., Sept. 9.
- Caviar + Champagne, Thurs, Dec. 17: One of Herons’ most highly anticipated culinary evenings returns for a 5th year with a three-course, caviar-inspired dinner and a sampling of fine champagnes presented by Herons’ own sommelier, Hai Tran. Held from 6 to 9 p.m., the event is $185 per person, inclusive. Space is limited to 30 guests and reservations are required.
- Christmas Dinner, Dec. 24-25: The Umstead’s award-winning culinary team is once again pulling out all the stops to create exquisite menus for Herons’ four-course Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinners. Seatings begin at 5:30 p.m. for both evenings, which are priced at $95 per person, $30 per child (ages 3-10). Wine pairings are available for an additional $60. There is a 72-hour cancellation policy with a $25 no-show fee per person.
- Christmas Brunch, Dec. 25-27: Herons’ festive, a la carte brunch will offer a relaxing counterpoint to the whirlwind of holiday celebrations. Starting Christmas morning and continuing for two additional days, brunch will be served from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner, Dec. 31: This four-course dinner promises to end 2015 on a culinary high note. There will be flow seating from 6-9 p.m. for in-house guests or those attending The Umstead’s New Year’s Eve Gala. Local guests will be seated 9-10 p.m. The dinner is priced at $135 plus tax and gratuity, with wine pairings available for an additional $80. The hotel recommends that gala attendees make their dinner reservations for no later than 8 p.m. There will be a 15-minute table hold.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration, Dec. 31: One of the region’s most elegant New Year’s parties takes place in The Umstead Ballroom each year. Both formal and fun, with an emphasis on exceptional cuisine, the gala will include small plates, tempting desserts, an open bar with premium liquors, wine and beer, and live music. From 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., revelers will enjoy nonstop entertainment as they ring in the new year. The celebration is priced at $185 per person, inclusive. Advanced purchase is required; tickets are non-refundable and transferrable. All guests must be 21+ years of age, and a jacket and tie are required for men. Party-goers can also take advantage of the hotel’s five-star guestrooms just steps away.
- New Year’s Day Brunch, Jan. 1: The Umstead’s a la carte brunch is the perfect antidote to the previous evening’s revelry, and will be served from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Reservations are required for all holiday events and can be made by calling (919) 447-4000.
About The Umstead Hotel and Spa
The Umstead Hotel and Spa is a singular, sophisticated triumph in North Carolina’s northeastern Piedmont region, an area rich in beauty and rooted in innovation. The state’s most highly rated hotel, it boasts stunning interiors punctuated with privately curated fine art, 150 spacious guest rooms and suites, world-class cuisine, a stimulating and recently renovated spa, gracious staff, and a serene woodland setting. The Umstead is a recipient of both the AAA Five Diamond award and Forbes Five Star rating. Located in Cary, North Carolina, The Umstead is just minutes from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport and Research Triangle Park, and within a short drive of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. For more information, visit www.theumstead.com and connect with The Umstead on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.