Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc’s Pastry Sous-Chef, Etienne Leroy has qualified for the World Pastry Cup in the “sugar” category.
The World Pastry Cup was created in 1989 by Founding President and world-renowned French Pastry Chef, Gabriel Paillasson. This biennial competition is comprised of the world’s most promising young pastry chefs, making up 22 teams. Each team has 10 hours to create an edible work of art in front of a live audience and judging panel of renowned pastry chefs.
This year’s competition will be held in Lyon, January 2017. Etienne Leroy will be on the French team with two other Pastry Chefs: Jean-Thomas Schneider and Bastien Girard.
Etienne began his apprenticeship at the hotel school of Orchies and the “Centre de Formation de la Chambre des Métiers” in Nancy. At the age of 18, he arrived in Paris to work with the great names in pastry field such as Stéphane Glacier, “Meilleur Ouvrier de France Pâtissier” and Frédéric Lalos, “Meilleur Ouvrier de France Boulanger.” In 2010, he joined Emmanuel Ryon, “Meilleur Ouvrier de France Glacier” in Paris at the Café Pouchkine, as head of the chocolate and décor station. Etienne then joined the team at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in April 2014.
“Etienne loves a challenge and his determination encourages him to push himself even harder to achieve his dreams,” says Lilian Bonnefoi, head pastry chef at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combined with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
- L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic château of excellence nestled in the heart of Provence, boasting breathtaking views of the Mediterranean coastline.
- Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
- Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the planet.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the center of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- The Lanesborough – classically British service in a remarkably refined and charming grand residence.
- Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.
For more information: www.oetkercollection.com