Courtesy of Embers Ski Lodge | Nashville, TN
Every third Saturday of May, whiskey drinkers around the world gather to celebrate their spirit of choice for World Whisky Day. On this side of the globe, Embers Ski Lodge in Nashville, Tenn., will be raising a toast to whiskey this year with the Rudolph’s Vacation, a summertime take on an Old Fashioned that puts the spirit in the spotlight.
- 2 oz Old Forester Bourbon
- 0.25 oz blackberry/strawberry honey
- Angostura bitters
- Orange zest
- Muddle an orange zest in the bottom of a rocks glass with the blackberry/strawberry honey.
*Tip: Muddle the zest skin side up to better release the oils of the citrus skin.
- Stir the bourbon in a stirring glass with ice for 30 seconds.
- Strain the bourbon over a large bourbon cube on top of the muddled orange zest and honey.
- Add 2-3 dashes of bitters.
- Express an orange zest over the top, rub around the rim of the glass and discard.
- Garnish with a strawberry stuffed with a blackberry.