Restaurant Customer Service Stats/Tips from New York Times best-selling author, Jay Baer
Jay Baer, who argues that today’s customer service is a “spectator sport” and that companies who do not answer every customer complaint across every channel do so at their own peril.
To dominate the online customer service game, Jay recommends that restaurants take on the following habits:
- Answer complaints everywhere
- Embrace complaints as feedback
- Reply fast – in less than 24 hours
- Don’t take negative complaints personally
- Understand who complains, and why
- Communicate with clarity
- Nudge diners for reviews – even negative ones
- Treat feedback as a gift.