LIBERTINE SOCIAL MENU CELEBRATES NEXT GENERATION OF FLAVORS
Chef Shawn McClain Unleashes Wild Side with Socially Focused Fare at New Las Vegas Restaurant inside Mandalay Bay
Award-winning Marinated Ahi Tuna Cones and Parmesan Churros reveals his latest culinary creations for his third Las Vegas restaurant, Libertine Social, now open at Mandalay Bay. The menu encompasses the social spirit of a house party with culinary creativity and craftsmanship synonymous with Chef McClain. A variety of gourmet toasts and dips, indulgent flatbreads, personalized sausage boards and more celebrate the next generation of bold American flavors, encouraging guests to share and socialize.
“I want the food at Libertine Social to feel comforting and provocative at the same time,” said Chef McClain. “I aimed to create a menu that brings people together to experiment through dishes that appear familiar, but crafted with robust flavors that they’ve never experienced before.”
The menu is separated into fun and distinct offerings for guests to choose their own adventure:
- Toasts and Dips: No party is complete without a warm and creamy dip to congregate around. Chef McClain translates the feeling of the warm-fuzzies into food with the Warm Dungeness Crab Dip, served bubbled and browned with a sprinkling of preserved lemon on top. The Duck Pastrami is arranged on crispy toast and topped with savoy cabbage, sauerkraut aioli and spicy mustard seeds to create a unique take on the traditional pastrami sandwich.
- Sausage Boards: The authenticity of Libertine Social’s handmade artisanal sausages will shine through when paired with creamy cheeses and an array of sides. Sausage choices include spicy Italian, Louisiana hot link and bratwurst to be served with alongside an assortment of cheeses such as Tipperary cheddar, Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue Cheese and brillat savarin. All boards come with sauerkraut, pickled hot peppers and mostarda.
- Small Plates: These small dishes are perfect for sharing but are delicious enough that guests may want to have their own. Each selection will draw inspiration from passed hors d’oeuvres without the stuffy formality. The Parmesan Churro turns a classic dessert into a savory snack by coating the fried dough with parmesan. Marinated Ahi Tuna Cones create complex flavors and textures by placing soft and marinated ahi tuna in a crunchy cone topped with a dollop of whipped pink peppercorn crème fraîche.
- Local Fare: Chef McClain created these vivid dishes to highlight fresh ingredients sourced from local and regional farms. Summer Corn Angolotti wraps summer corn in delicate pasta married with a rich brown butter sauce and sweet herbs. The Grilled Kale Salad accentuates the essence of the garden with grapes, dried cherries, radicchio, radishes, pine nuts and a creamy dill dressing.
- A Bigger Commitment: In addition to the small plates, Libertine Social also offers dishes for hungry guests not in the mood to share. The Libertine Burger is made with a Creek Stone Farms beef patty, cheese made in-house, locally sourced tomatoes, caramelized onions and a decadent bordelaise sauce. The bold Harissa Rubbed Mussels are seasoned with fresh mint, chervil and tart lime perfectly harmonizing a variety of mouth-watering flavors.
- Wood-Fired Grill: These exceptional cuts of beef are sourced from sustainable farms highly regarded for producing top quality meat. Cuts offered at Libertine Social include the Snake River Farms Wagyu Skirt Steak and the Snake River Farms Wagyu Flat Iron. Additionally, a whole roasted fish will be prepared nightly on the mesquite grills. Fish cuts will change daily based on seasonality and availability.
- Flatbreads: Crispy and light flatbreads are covered in exquisite toppings to create a range of choices for every palate. The Caramelized Fennel and Spicy Italian Sausage flatbread is topped with camembert, sweet desert honey, rosemary and peppery caramelized fennel, while the Smoked Country Ham flatbread features smoked goat cheese, roasted pineapple and barbeque sauce.
- Sides: Delicious enough to stand on their own or act as the perfect pairing with other dishes, these sides are thoughtfully created and bursting with flavor. Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are cut hasselback-style and roasted with pancetta, shaved Serrano ham and a farm egg oozing with yolk. The smoky Wood Grilled Broccoli is served with taleggio cream and a walnut and carrot sofrito.
The new American bar fare will be complemented by a high-energy open layout that allows guests to move through the space freely and mingle with others. Featuring two bars, a social dining room, chef’s table and patio, Libertine Social will create many different vibes that allow guests to pick the party that suits them best.
ABOUT MANDALAY BAY
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is a unique destination resort set on 120 lush acres on the Las Vegas Strip. The resort offers three distinct hotel experiences: Mandalay Bay with 3,211 luxurious rooms and suites reflecting a modern tropical ambiance; Four Seasons Hotel, a AAA Five Diamond hotel offering 424 newly remodeled rooms and suites; and the luxury all-suite Delano Las Vegas that debuted September 2014. Mandalay Bay boasts an 11-acre tropical pool paradise featuring real sand, a wave pool, the only climate-controlled, poolside gaming in the city and DAYLIGHT Beach Club. Other resort highlights include world-class entertainment at the 12,000-seat Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning dining by celebrity chefs and restaurateurs, LIGHT Nightclub, Shark Reef Aquarium, Spa Mandalay and the recently expanded 2-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Mandalay Bay also is home to Michael Jackson ONE, Cirque du Soleil’s latest resident production based on the music and choreography of the King of Pop. Mandalay Bay is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mandalaybay.com, call toll free at (877) 632-7800 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.