Florida Gets Festive – 8 Seasonal Sips in the Sunshine State
While the rest of the world is breaking out the scarves and Uggs, Floridians are still working on their tan lines and cranking up the air conditioning. It may not feel like fall in Florida just yet, but that’s not stopping these hotels and restaurants from getting into the “spirit” by way of seasonal sips.
From tasty twists on pumpkin spice and apple cider to vanilla chai and peppermint, below are eight fall and winter-inspired cocktails only found in the Sunshine State:
- Vanilla Chai Cocktail: Garnished with a cinnamon stick, The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village’s take on the popular autumn-inspired beverage adds a kick to the seasonal sip with vanilla vodka, amaretto liqueur, chai tea, simple syrup and half and half.
- Christmas Colada: Sitting on Key West’s largest private beach, guests will enjoy Christmas Coladas sans subzero weather at the newly opened RUMba at Casa Marina. The holiday cocktail features Rum Chata mixed with peppermint bark vodka and white crème de cocoa, along with classic cocktails and the most expensive collection of rum in Key West.
- Pumpkin Spice Martini: The Living Room Bar at W South Beach adds a bit of South Beach spice to the much loved fall latte. Available warm or chilled and spiked with a dose of Irish whiskey and coffee liqueur, guests enjoy all the fall feels and cozy flavors of pumpkin spice and cinnamon on a hot winter getaway.
- Apple Spiced Orchard: Hilton Orlando’s David’s Club awakens the feeling of a crisp autumn day with the Apple Spiced Orchard. The libation features Grey Goose La Poire Vodka, apple cider, ginger syrup and fresh lemon juice.
- Let the Beet Drop: Guests at 3030 Ocean at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa can sip this fall flavor-inspired cocktail with red beet juice, lemon juice, agave, mint and Bombay Sapphire for a healthy spin on a bold, refreshingly delicious cocktail and color that matches the beautiful, bright hues of the fall season.
- Dutch Apple Cider: Bringing the feeling of fall to South Florida, the Dutch Apple Cider at Baoli Miami takes the truly authentic taste of this classic fall drink and turns it into a festive treat. Made with gin, lemon, ginger juice and apple cider, this cocktail blends the right amount of tart and sweet for the holidays.
- Smoked Maple Old Fashioned: Sunnies, a newly opened lobby bar at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace serves up an Old Fashioned with a smoky twist with Knob Creek bourbon, 100% maple syrup, pimento bitters, filthy black cherry and candied bacon.
- Autumn Apple Fizz: Hilton West Palm Beach’s nautical-themed bar and restaurant, Galley, offers an aromatic blend of sweet vanilla vodka, Cointreau, sour apple liquor, a small squeeze of lemon juice and top with champagne.