America The Great Cookbook by
We have been asking America’s best chefs a personal question: What do you cook for the people you love? And they’ve answered in America The Great Cookbook, the ultimate celebration of our country’s diverse food scene. On sale beginning October 31 (in time for the holidays!), America The Great Cookbook (Weldon Owen, $40) features recipes and stories from over 100 top food personalities representing all 50 states including celebrated chefs such as Carla Hall, Mario Batali and Marcus Samuelsson as well as food revolutionaries including Ruth Reichl, Joan Nathan and many more.
Edited and curated by Joe Yonan, the two-time James Beard Award-winning Food & Dining editor of The Washington Post, the cookbook is an opportunity for home cooks to get an intimate glimpse into the lives of their favorite food heroes and share what they cook for their loved ones. A snapshot of recipes and personalities featured include:
- Midwest: Enchiladas Verdes from Rick Bayless
- Northeast: Fried Chicken and Red Velvet Waffles from Marcus Samuelsson
- Southeast: Gazpacho from Jose Andres
- Southwest: Fennel and New Potato Soup with Garlic Flowers from Sonya Cote
- West Coast: Braised Chickpeas from Jessica Koslow