The Company’s 2017 Purpose-led Performance Report Builds on Legacy of Responsible Business Practices and Includes New 2025 Goals
McCormick Canada, and its parent company, McCormick and Company Inc. (NYSE: MKC), a global leader in flavour, recently issued its 2017 Purpose-led Performance (PLP) Report. The report demonstrates McCormick’s commitment to the long-term vitality of people, communities, and the planet, while delivering top-tier financial results.
“At McCormick Canada, we’re dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and suppliers, and the communities in which they live,” said Andrew Foust, General Manager, McCormick Canada. “The PLP Report not only demonstrates our impact to date, it outlines our ambitious goals for the future.”
Locally, McCormick Canada has already made significant progress towards accomplishing these goals, aligning with three key pillars.
Community: Increasing Involvement & Contributions
– To date, McCormick Canada has donated over $1.9 million to the United Way.
– Earlier this year, over 150 employees in Canada participated in Charity Day – a day during which employees donate their pay and McCormick matches their contribution.
– This year, up to 1.25 million meals will be donated to Food Banks of Canada through French’s 1 Bottle = 1 Meal campaign.
People: Championing Diversity, Inclusion and Growth for Employees
– Earlier this year, Gordon Food Service presented McCormick Canada with the prestigious Diversity Supplier Award in recognition of diversity and inclusion efforts.
– 48% of McCormick leadership globally is female.
– Since 1974, McCormick Canada supports the Multiple Management Board initiative, demonstrating its commitment to employee development and diversity of thought.
Planet: Sourcing Locally and Supporting Suppliers
– McCormick sources and supports Canadian honey, Canadian mustard seeds and Canadian tomatoes.
– McCormick Canada continues to invest in local agriculture by donating to initiatives such as bee research.
– In 2017, Corporate Knights ranked McCormick #14 on its Global 100 Sustainability Index, and #1 in the consumer staples industry overall.
From a global perspective, the PLP report includes the Company’s 2025 goals aimed at working to improve the health and well-being of all people, building resilience in communities around the world and positively impacting the environment. It is informed by science and aligned to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Highlights of these 2025 goals include McCormick’s commitments to:
– Source 100 percent of branded iconic ingredients sustainably;
– Improve the livelihoods of 90 percent of smallholder farmers who grow McCormick’s iconic herbs and spices;
– Champion equality for women and people of color in leadership, and empower women farmers across the company’s supply chain; and
– Reduce the company’s environmental impact by lowering its carbon footprint, decreasing water use, reducing solid waste and developing sustainable packaging innovations.
“McCormick’s Mission to Make Every Meal and Moment Better includes our commitment to operate ethically and honestly,” said Lawrence Kurzius, McCormick & Company Chairman, President, and CEO. “Through our focus on Purpose-led Performance, we are embedding sustainability from source to shelf, supporting our diverse workforce and actively participating in our communities across the globe. I am proud of McCormick’s progress to date and look forward to updating our stakeholders throughout this exciting journey.”
For more information and to view the 2017 PLP Report, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavour. With $4.4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavoured by McCormick. McCormick Brings the Joy of Flavour to Life™.