This month, employees from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants are clocking in 300 miles for Chefs Cycle to raise funds and awareness for No Kid Hungry. This year’s goal for No Kid Hungry is to raise $2.4M, which translates into 24 million meals for kids in America facing hunger.
Kimpton is calling on all fans of the brand to join in to help fundraising efforts by donating to the Kimpton cycling team’s fundraising page. The 13 Chefs Cycle participants from the brand include chefs, GMs, the SVP of Restaurants + Bars and even CEO Mike DeFrino!
In addition to joining in the three-day ride, Kimpton chefs and bartenders across the country will participate in fundraising efforts by creating or selecting a menu item that reflects a “childhood favorite” dish or drink – see below for a sampling of these options. When restaurant and bar-goers order that menu item, a portion of the proceeds will go to No Kid Hungry. Additionally, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants will offer guests 15 percent off their Best Flexible Rate, and donate $10 / night to No Kid Hungry as part of their partnership with the charity in 2018 – see here for more details.
- Tre Rivali and The Outsider (Milwaukee): Offering a Blackberry Bramble cocktail and Strawberry Rhubarb hand pie with $2 from each sold going to No Kid Hungry. Five inch handmaid pies in the café will be offered for $10, with $5 going to No Kid Hungry.
- B&O American Brasserie (Baltimore): Offering The Queen Bee cocktail and Duck Wings appetizer, with $1 from each sold donated to No Kid Hungry.
- Bambara (Salt Lake City): For every burger sold, $1 will be donated, and for every scallop or filet sold during dinner, $2 will be donated.
- The Commoner (Pittsburgh): Offering The Lord Stanley burger and the Arnie Slick cocktail, with $2 being donated for each sold from April 20 – May 20.
- Radiator (DC): Donating $1 for each order of Bacon Fat Fries and $1 for every order of the Imagine Dragon cocktail.
- Zentan (DC): Donating $1 for each order of Rock Shrimp and $1 for every order of the Monopoly Fizz cocktail.
- Henley (Nashville): Donating $1 for every order of Trailer Baby Crackers during dinner.
- Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel and Merchant & Trade (Charlotte): Offering pop-up SCLPT MTHD fitness class and brunch bites on 5/12, with $10 of each admission ticket donated to No Kid Hungry.
- Sable Kitchen and Bar (Chicago): For every order of Deviled Eggs or the Split Street cocktail, $1 will be donated from May 1 – May 31.
- Urbana Dining & Drinks (DC): $1 will be donated from each Margherita Pizza or Peroni sold outside of happy hour.
- Square 1682 (Philadelphia): For every order of the mocktails on the lunch menu, $1 will be donated to No Kid Hungry.
- Brabo Restaurant (Alexandria): For every French 75 sold, $1 will be donated to No Kid Hungry. $1 will also be donated for every order of Grandma’s Bouef Bourguignon.
- Jane Q (Los Angeles): Donating $2 for each R.A.N. HALEN cocktail sold.
- Outlier (Seattle): Donating $1 for every pizza sold.
- The Katharine (Winstom-Salem): Donating $1 for each Brasserie Burger sold, and $1 for every Pimm’s Cup cocktail sold.