Created By: Jessica Sanchez, Chef-Owner of Loba in Miami.
Diners will go loca for LA LOBA, the hottest cocktail to come out of Miami, Florida’s Loba restaurant. A warm, sweet combination of smoky mescal, passionfruit and pear puree, ginger liqueur, hibiscus syrup, lime, this beautiful behind-the-bar creation is finished with a McCormick Culinary® Chipotle-seasoned chili lime salt, hibiscus syrup and garnished with thinly sliced limes and mint leaves. Might need more glasses!
Yield: 4 Servings
LA Loba Cocktail
1½ ounce Smoky mezcal
¾ ounce Passion fruit puree
½ ounce Pear puree
¾ ounce Ginger liqueur
¾ ounce Hibiscus syrup
½ ounce Fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon Chili lime salt
Chili Lime Salt
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
2 each Lime, zested
2 tablespoon McCormick Culinary® Crushed Chipotle Pepper
2 cup Water
2 ½ cup Sugar
1 each Lime, sliced thin into a wheel
1 each Mint leaf, large
For the Chili Lime Salt:
- Combine all ingredients.
For the Loba Cocktail:
- Moisten rim of glass and roll it into chili lime salt.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the hibiscus syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well. Pour into glass and top off hibiscus syrup.
For the Hibiscus Syrup:
- In a saucepan, combine 4 oz of hibiscus with 2 cups of water and 2½ cups of sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat.
- Add 2 cloves and let cool, strain out solids.
- Shake cocktail into a glass of your choice and garnish with lime wheel and mint leaf.
For more flavorful inspiration, visit: www.mccormickforchefs.com