Chef Battle, produced by EatertainMint Events, is hosting its inaugural national cooking competition at Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas from Monday, Feb. 10 through Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020. Fifteen chefs from the East Coast to the West Coast and in between, and even Hawaii, are coming to Las Vegas to receive national bragging rights, a cash prize and more.
The three-day tournament will have two rounds. Half of the chefs will compete on Night One, Monday, Feb. 10 beginning at 5:30 p.m. and the other half will compete on Night Two, Tuesday, Feb. 11 beginning at 5:30 p.m. The chefs will have one hour to create their best dish for the judges and then create bites for the crowd to help decide the top three from each night. The preliminary rounds are hosted by Michael Politz, founder and editor-in-chief at Food & Beverage Magazine.
The top three chefs from Monday and Tuesday will advance to the finals hosted by Shaun O’Neale, Masterchef Season 7 winner, on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
The 2020 Competing Chefs:
* Oscar Sanchez, Chef Battle Las Vegas Winner
* Khaddy Dublin, Chef Battle San Diego Winner
* Taylor Figueroa, Chef Battle Portland Winner
* LaDonna Bell, Chef Battle Quad Cities Winner
* David Adlard, Chef Battle Spokane Winner
* Ariella Katzberg, Chef Battle Orange County Winner
* Chris Jones, Chef Battle Kansas City Winner
* Brittiney Moore, Chef Battle Charleston Winner
* Brandon Yamaski, Chef Battle Hawaii Winner
* Deanna Delmar, Chef Battle Hawaii Winner
* Justin Scardina, Chef Battle Chicago Winner
* Travis Tveit, Chef Battle Spokane Winner
* Jon VanHusen, Chef Battle Las Vegas Winner
* April Muhammad, Chef Battle Alabama Winner
* Mike Pascua, Chef Battle Orange County Winner
Chefs are challenged with limited equipment, limited ingredients and limited time to make their best dish. Each chef is allowed one sous chef to assist with their creation. The dishes are judged on appearance, creativity and taste. The 15 chefs previously competed in local and regional battles in over 20 cities in 2018 and 2019 to qualify for Chef Battle Nationals. The pantry is sponsored by Fresh and Less Market and media partners include Food + Travel and Food & Beverage Magazine.
Eventgoers will experience a live cooking show, bites from the competing chefs, voting ballot and Hofbräu beer sponsored by Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas and Breakthru Beverage. To purchase tickets for a single day or three-day VIP pass, go to chefbattle2020.eventbrite.com.