What will the face of Easter Dinner look like during the coronavirus pandemic? While there will be more virtual celebrations and at-home meals will be scaled back, McCain Foods shared a recipe equally beautiful as it’s delicious to elevate your at-home feast and to offer a new tradition courtesy of Lead Chef and Director of Culinary, Chef Brooke Brantley. Enter the McCain Holiday Grazing Board!
McCain Foods develops recipes and produces french fries, appetizers, tots and more for restaurants such as McDonald’s, Red Robin, Applebees, Buffalo Wild Wings, Burger King and many more.
1 recipe of McCain® Bacon Wrapped Tasti Tasters® with Fig Jam (for a tasty surprise, try using Mastro® and San Daniele® prosciutto instead of bacon for an elevated experience)
1 recipe McCain® Potato Pancakes with Caramelized Onion and Tomato Jam
2 packs Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Mediterranean Flavours
* Prepare McCain® Bacon Wrapped Tasti Tasters® with Fig Jam
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Cook bacon according to package directions and let cool
3. Cook McCain® Tasti Taters® according to package and let cool
4. Cut bacon in half and wrap around McCain® Tasti Taters®. Use a toothpick to keep bacon in place.
5. Serve with a bowl of warm fig jam or dip
- Prepare McCain® Potato Pancakes with Caramelized Onion and Tomato Jam
- Slice white onions while heating 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Spread the onions evenly over the pan and the melted butter and olive oil, stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and pepper to taste while stirring and cooking for 45 minutes to one hour, until onions are caramelized
- At the end of cooking, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and water or balsamic vinaigrette for additional flavor if desired
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine 3-½ cups of ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped; 1 cup of sugar; 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar; 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic; 1 teaspoon of ground cumin; ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon; ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper; a pinch of ground cloves; 1 teaspoon of salt
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until consistency is that of a thick jam (approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes)
- Cook McCain® Potato Pancakes® according to package directions and let cool
- Top pancakes with a piece of brie, a dollop of tomato jam, and caramelized onion. Sprinkle with fresh chives.
Hint – To elevate your grazing board, serve with a combination of your favorite seasonal fruits, cheeses and nuts!