The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo will be offering “Live at Your Table,” an online experience for restaurant, foodservice and catering professionals to participate in education sessions, explore the latest product and services, support peers and the industry, and make new connections. Normally, this community would gather for three days in-person to experience the newest trends, products and services – but now they can do this and take advantage of product access and “show specials” from the comfort of their restaurant or kitchen table. This free, online event will take place Monday, August 24 and Tuesday, August 25. For access to the program visit https://www.westernfoodexpo.com/live-your-table.
“While we could not gather in person this August in Anaheim for the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, we are excited to bring our community together online to have access to two days of live and on demand sessions, robust content, culinary demonstrations, networking opportunities with peers, and an online product directory,” said Tom Loughran, Vice President for the Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group. “We thank our Diamond Sponsor Square, Inc. for their support, making is possible for us to offer our gold-standard education for free. Nearly 40 sessions will be presented in four Summits to provide specific programs that match the business needs for independents, multi-unit, foodservice and retail professionals.”
A sample of sessions for Independents will include:
- SEO Can Be Your Best Friend During These Times of Social Distancing
- How Technology Helps Independents Compete with the Big Boys
- Three Things You Must Do Now: Restaurant Survival Guide
- We’re Not Going to Pay the Rent! Lease Negotiating Tactics for Restaurants
- Consumer Confidence and Food Safety
- Al Fresco Dining
A sample of the sessions for Small to Mid-Sized Chains will include:
- Restaurant Design Evolution in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Position Your SMB for Growth
- Focus on Customer Service like Your Business Depends on it, because it Does!
- Operator’s Best Practices to Recruit, Retain and Manage a Workforce
- Eight Secrets to Thriving in the Post-COVID Economy
- Epic Post-Pandemic Beverage Programs
A sample of the sessions for Foodservice will include:
- Leverage Technology Integration for Multi-Concept Space
- Bringing Restaurant and Foodservice Teams Back to Work
- Grow your Business with Catering
A sample of the sessions for Retailers will include:
- Are You Reading a False Positive?
- Using Technology to Pull it all Together
- What’s on the Label is as Important as What’s Inside
- Unlocking Profitable Growth in Grocery eCommerce: Click & Collect and Microfullfillment Centers
- Leveraging Shifts in Your 2020 Customer Base to Drive Market Share and Brand Loyalty
- Farm to Store: Adding Flexibility to the Supply Chain
There will also be several General Sessions for all attendees including:
- Virtual Culinary Demonstrations with Chef Mareya Ibrahim and Chef Shaun O’Neale
- Legal Center Live at Your Table with the California Restaurant Association
- Restaurants Care Wellness Webinar: Managing Financial Anxiety During a Pandemic
- Coaches Hot Seat
- Michael Politz and his Friends in the Industry
- Keynote: A Scott Blanchard Seminar: The Keys to Leading Your Restaurant Through the COVID-19 Crisis!
- Increasing Restaurant Online Food Orders
- Resetting Your Restaurant from Survive to Thrive: Five Keys to Save Your Sanity and Build Your Sales, Profits, and Team!
Clarion Events Food and Beverage Group is committed to providing operators and the overall restaurant, foodservice, catering, and coffee/tea industry with tools to connect and rebuild their business. We are pleased to continue to support the marketplace with our COVID-19 Resource Center, an online platform providing access to both uniquely produced education focused on operators’ most relevant needs, along with aggregated industry education, plus association resources, industry links, and more. For updated information, and to stay connected and educated, visit our Restaurant & Foodservice Industry Resource Page and our Specialty Coffee Industry Resource Page.
Clarion Events (www.clarionevents.com) produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. The shows that are part of the Food & Beverage portfolio include the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York, Healthy Food Expo, Coffee Fest and The NGA Show. Clarion Events, backed by The Blackstone Group, has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion Events has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.
About Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) revolutionized payments in 2009 with Square Reader, making it possible for anyone to accept card payments using a smartphone or tablet. Today, we build tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in-person, manage their business, and access financing. And individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. Square has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, and the UK. www.square.com