by Chef Tom Colicchio, brand partner of The Jersey Tomato Co.
Featuring new sauce flavor: Roasted Garlic
“I am thrilled to officially be on board with The Jersey Tomato Co. As a chef and proud Jersey Boy, JTC is the first sauce I’ve found with the careful balance of sweetness and acidity I strive for in my own home-cooked version. The recipes I’ve created using JTC are intended to showcase the product’s versatility and recreate the flavors of my Elizabeth, NJ childhood for any home cook who wants twice the flavor in half the time.” – Tom Colicchio
To celebrate the introduction of Roasted Garlic, brand official culinary consultant Colicchio has created a new custom recipe utilizing the newest flavor addition to the collection. Roasted Garlic features a delicious mix of garlic, olive oil, basil, tomatoes, sea salt and black pepper for a flavorful addition to any dish; an updated take on an old world classic, at only 40 calories per serving. The new recipe by Colicchio, “Pork Involtini,” highlights the 4th flavor to join the popular tomato sauce line.
The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are naturally low in sodium, with no fillers or additives resulting in a clean label product. The brand sources 100% New Jersey Tomatoes, enabling The Jersey Tomato Co. to outperform on freshness and flavor. The brand maintains a superior level of deliciousness while using fewer ingredients. The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are all gluten free, Non-GMO, naturally low in sodium, vegan, and Kosher, and they have no added sugars, no citric acid, and zero preservatives.
Recipe Time: 60 minutes
- 8 slices pork loin, each about ¼ inch thick
- ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, etc.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar The Jersey Tomato Co. Roasted Garlic Sauce
- On a work surface, lightly pound the pork loin slices until they are ¼ inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine ¾ cup Pecorino and ¾ cup herbs. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of the herb mixture over each pork slice and roll into a cylinder. Secure each pinwheel with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour and ¼ Pecorino in a pie plate. In a bowl whisk together 1 egg and yolk.
- Coat the involtini in the flour & Pecorino. Dip in egg wash and dredge in breadcrumbs until entirely coated. Repeat until they are all coated, tapping off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until simmering. Add the Involtini and cook over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 3 to 5 minutes. It can be done in batches to not crowd the pan.
- After browning, transfer to an enamel pot or Dutch oven and deglaze the pot with chicken broth.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer, uncovered until the involtini are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the involtini to a plate, sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve.
Recipe Images – Free for press usage, courtesy of The Jersey Tomato Co.:
The sauces retail for $7.99 per jar. The new flavor profile first launched with retailer ShopRite, and the full line (Marinara, Tomato Basil, Spicy, and now, Roasted Garlic) available via E-Commerce (6-pack cases for $44.99) at www.JerseyTomatoCo.com, (Full retail list available at website)
The Jersey Tomato Co. announced the official brand partnership with renowned chef and notable ‘Top Chef’ Head Judge Tom Colicchio back in February 2020. The New Jersey native joined the JTC family for the brand’s 2020 relaunch, complete with new packaging for their signature 25oz sauce jars featuring Colicchio, which now includes the addition of their fourth flavor profile, Roasted Garlic. Tom Colicchio joined The Jersey Tomato Co. as an equity partner and will serve as both a brand ambassador and as a culinary consultant to drive innovation. The brand aims to redefine tradition with modern, fresh taste. (www.jerseytomatoco.com).
About Tom Colicchio:
Tom Colicchio, Head Judge and Executive Producer for 17 seasons of the Emmy and James Beard Award-Winning series ‘Top Chef’, is the owner of both the fast casual concept ‘Wichcraft and the full-service restaurant group Crafted Hospitality, which includes Craft (New York & Los Angeles), Riverpark, Temple Court, Small Batch, Craftsteak & Heritage Steak. Tom has three best-selling cookbooks, is the winner of 8 James Beard Awards, and is a Founding Member of the Independent Restaurant Coalition. (https://www.saverestaurants.com/) Follow on social media @TomColicchio
About The Jersey Tomato Co.™️
The Jersey Tomato Co. partnered with renowned chef and notable ‘Top Chef’ Head Judge Tom Colicchio for the brand’s 2020 relaunch, complete with new packaging featuring Colicchio. The tomato sauce line offers Jersey tomato-based products which emphasize vine-ripened, garden-fresh taste and naturally healthful attributes. Having entered the marketplace in 2010, the brand is currently in over 1,400 retail stores nationwide, with the following flavor profiles available to consumers: Marinara, Tomato Basil, Spicy, and Roasted Garlic. The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are naturally low in sodium, with no fillers or additives resulting in a clean label product. The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are all gluten free, Non-GMO, naturally low in sodium, vegan, and certified Kosher, and they have no added sugars, no citric acid, and zero preservatives. Available at retailers including Bristol Farms, Sprouts, Fairway, Stop & Shop, ShopRite and more. For a full list of retailers visit https://jerseytomatoco.com and follow the brand on social media at @TheJerseyTomatoCo