“The Art of Keeping it Green – Environmentally and Financially” taking place from March 9 through March 11 in downtown Chicago
Women Chefs and Restaurateurs – an organization dedicated to educating, supporting, and mentoring female culinary professionals with a focus on supporting young females entering the foodservice industry – today announces the 21st Annual Conference, “The Art of Keeping Green,” at the Intercontinental Chicago hotel (505 N. Michigan Ave.) from Sunday, March 9 through Tuesday, March 11, 2014.
This year, the conference will explore green topics – both environmental and financial –that are of particular relevance to women in the culinary field. Celebrating and supporting women in food, the program will include:
- Breakout sessions with cooking demos, mixology tastings, and educational seminars
- Restaurant Dine-Arounds at Chicago’s hot spots, such as Boarding House and Girl & the Goat
- Keynote Addresses by top industry leaders including Chicago restaurateur Rohini Dey of Vermillion
- Book Signings with acclaimed female authors participating in the conference, including Ina Pinkney
- Silent Auction showcasing top prizes
- Celebrity Culinary Competitions emceed by acclaimed chef and WCR President Elect, Elizabeth Faulkner and award-winning Chef Gale Gand
- Formal Gala Reception and Awards Dinner at The Art Institute of Chicago helmed by Chef Mindy Segal and prepared by a variety of top female chefs, featuring an exclusive Callebaut Chocolate Lounge finale to sweeten up the night
Optional additional experiences (for an added cost) will include:
- Culinary Tours at local culinary establishments like The Plant, Kendall College, and Koval Distillery
- Master Classes with top female chefs including Beverly Kim and Kari Underly
For more information and to purchase tickets to attend the 21st Annual WCR Conference, visit http://womenchefs.org/. Member registration for the conference begins on January 2, 2014.** For specialty rates at the Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile hotel during the conference, visit this link. Guests may also call 800.628.2112 and identify themselves as participants of the WCR 2014 Annual Convention (or group code NQM). The specialty room-rate deadline is February 13, 2014.
** Non-members/public tickets will also be made available on a limited basis for specific conference events. Visit the link above to learn more.
About WCR and the 21st Annual Conference
When we speak of “green,” we in foodservice and hospitality often think “sustainable.” But “green” also refers to an abundance of “greenbacks” that spells operational profit. Next year’s Women Chefs & Restaurateurs conference in downtown Chicago will explore both environmental and financial topics that are of particular relevance to our industry.
Our organization is comprised of individuals from numerous areas of the food world, including chefs, restaurateurs, F&B professionals, masters of wines and spirits, mixologists, foodservice and hospitality educators, culinary and baking/pastry students, hotel operators, purchasers, farmers and cheesemongers, plus many more.
“The Art of Keeping It Green” will be a fascinating and enlightening journey for all.