The plant-based oat milk is made using whole oat grains which have made it a healthier alternative to regular milk. It is a popular choice for people suffering from lactose intolerance. Read on to know more about the different recipes you can try at home using oat milk:
- Start your day with a delicious oat milk French toast which swaps your regular milk with this nutritious alternative. This dish uses eggs which can also be swapped with flax eggs if you follow a vegan meal plan. It is best to use sourdough bread and fry it using plant-based butter or coconut oil. The dish can be topped with maple syrup or fresh berries.
- An Oat Milk Rice Pudding Brûlée serves as the perfect dairy-free alternative to a classic dessert having a delicious crispy top. The dish can be wrapped up within half an hour by combining all the ingredients on the stovetop and transferring it to ramekins once the rice becomes tender and creamy. Sprinkling some sugar on the top and blowtorching it can help render the perfect brûlée crust.
- Can anything beat the charm of hot chocolate on a winter night! We bet not! You can now treat your tastebuds to some chocolaty goodness with a cup of steaming cinnamon hot chocolate made with oat milk. The perfect mixture of oat milk and sweet maple syrup makes it a favorite choice of people of all age groups. Oat milk gives it a creamier and thicker texture.
- The fully vegan London fog cake has a cooking time of less than an hour and draws inspiration from the London fog tea latte. This one-pan cake doesn’t require any frosting and can be dusted using powdered sugar before serving your friends and family. Oat milk and tea leaves are added to a small saucepan and cooked on medium heat until it attains a light brown shade. Next, the dry mixture is prepared by mixing baking powder, flour, and sugar. Oil and vanilla extract are combined in a separate bowl to which the oat milk tea is added after straining the tea leaves. Finally, both the wet and dry mixtures are combined while being stirred continuously. Once the batter is prepared it has to be poured into a cake pan and baked in the oven.
- Oat milk honey latte is a homemade coffee drink that can give your favorite Starbucks beverage a run for its money. This recipe can be tried out by amateur cooks and tastes amazing. You just need to heat some honey, salt, and oat milk in the microwave and shake it all together before pouring it over your morning coffee. Adding a pinch of cinnamon can instill more flavor to this scrumptious drink having an insanely creamy texture.
- Oat milk pancakes are another delicious breakfast recipe that can be prepared in minutes to amp up your Sunday morning brunch. You will simply have to add 2 ½ cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons baking soda in a small bowl. The remaining ½ teaspoon baking powder and ½ cup applesauce will have to be combined in a large bowl to which you can add 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, 2 ¼ cups oat milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Finally, both the dry and wet ingredients will have to be mixed. Once the batter is ready, you need to pour ¼ cup onto a skillet and cook on medium-high heat until the edges dry and bubbles form on the surface. As one side gets cooked, you need to flip over and cook the other side for another minute. These tasty pancakes can be served with a topping of blueberries, maple syrup, and whipped cream.
As you might have already understood, oat milk is a culinary wonder which can be used in a variety of recipes. Often people have doubts like does oat milk go bad if left out. Well, the answer depends a great deal on the storage conditions. Ideally, an unopened pack on being refrigerated lasts for seven to ten days whereas an opened carton should be used up within four to seven days following refrigeration.
You can find more delicious recipes like the ones mentioned above in Noms Pedia, as well as a lot of helpful information about food, cooking, and reviews on types of kitchen equipment.