ROASTED BEETS WITH GOAT CHEESE AND PINE NUTS
Recipe provided by Cooking Planit
- 2 Medium Gold Beets
- 2 Medium Red Eeets
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Goat Cheese
- If you purchased beets with the greens attached, cut the stems off just above the root of the beet and discard.
- Wash beets under cold water to remove any dirt. Peel the beets, then cut off both ends and discard. Cut the beets into 1 inch cubes or wedges and place in a baking dish. (If baking different-colored beets, use two separate dishes.) Wear gloves to prevent staining your hands.
- Drizzle the beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add warm water to the baking dish(es) to come up about 1/4 inch high. Cover tightly with foil.
- Place beets in the preheated oven. Bake until they are tender and pierce easily with a fork, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size. Check them after 25 minutes.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat.
- Once pan is warm, add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Keep a close watch and shake pan often to prevent burning.
- Place the beets in a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. Drizzle with white balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Top the beets with crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts.
- Transfer the roasted beets with goat cheese and pine nuts to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Ready to eat!
About Cooking Planit
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.