Dynamic Partnership Predicts Event Will Become So. Cal’s Signature Oktoberfest Celebration
What do you get when you combine KISS front man Gene Simmons with Master Chef Wolfgang Puck and AEG? Rocktoberfest at L.A. LIVE! Iconic businessmen Simmons and Puck were together this morning at L.A. LIVE to announce they were joining forces with AEG to create the largest Oktoberfest celebration in Southern California. In collaboration with Rock & Brews, a restaurant founded by Simmons and business partner Michael Zislis, Rocktoberfest is a rockin’ California tribute to the two centuries-old Bavarian tradition with a schedule of events taking place at L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles October 15-21. Nightly festivities will include DJs and live bands, special celebrity guests, beer-friendly cuisine, local, national and international beers, a special craft beer festival on Sunday, October 21 and collectible merchandise.
In addition to Simmons and Zislis, a notable force on the Los Angeles restaurant scene, the event is being produced by veteran concert promoter Dave Furano. Rock & Brews is a new restaurant concept that combines casual dining with craft beers and a rock concert themed environment. The first Rock & Brews opened near LAX in April and the company is expanding worldwide.
Rocktoberfest will kick off with an opening gala hosted by Simmons and Puck on October 15 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets to the gala start at $100 with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Wounded Warrior Project. The event is limited to 1,000 attendees and is bound to sell out quickly.
Nightly festivities are scheduled for Tuesday, October 16 through Saturday, October 20 from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. with early bird tickets starting at just $20. Closing out the first annual Rocktoberfest on Sunday, October 21, will be the Craft Brew Festival from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. which will feature more than 50 different craft beers and breweries. A portion of proceeds from the Craft Brew Festival will proudly benefit The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE.
Rocktoberfest Ticket information:
· Early Bird tickets are available for $20 when purchased in advance at rocktoberfest.com <http://www.rocktoberfest.com/> . The $20 admission includes a commemorative Rocktoberfest beer stein.
· VIP tickets are available for $125 and include exclusive table service, three beverage vouchers per person, seated dinner featuring Wolfgang Puck’s globally-inspired Oktoberfest menu and premiere views of the live entertainment
· A limited supply of tickets will be available for purchase on the day of the event at L.A. LIVE with the price of admission including a commemorative Rocktoberfest beer stein.
· All guests must be 21 years of age or older.
· VIP table seating for eight is available each evening for $800 and includes exclusive table service, three beverage vouchers per person, seated dinner featuring Wolfgang Puck’s globally-inspired Oktoberfest menu and premiere views of the live entertainment.
· Opening Night (October 15) Charity Jam with Gene Simmons and friends tickets start at $100 and will benefit Wounded Warrior Project. VIP tickets start at $250 and VIP table seating for 8 is available for $1500.
· Sunday, October 21’s Rocktoberfest Craft Brew Festival tickets are $50 and will include 12 3oz pours to redeem from over 50 craft breweries and will benefit The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE.
· Rocktoberfest Hours of Operation: October 15-20 5:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m., Sunday, October 21 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
“We are taking the concept of Oktoberfest and contemporizing it with a rock theme and one of the most energetic environments in California at L.A. LIVE,” said Simmons. “The event will rock the socks off any other Oktoberfest celebration offering great food, incredible beers, and a strictly non oom pah pah rock vibe.”
“I am very excited to be teaming up with my good friend Gene Simmons for Rocktoberfest,” said Wolfgang Puck. “Since this is not your traditional-Oktoberfest, we had to create our own Rocktoberfest menu; we are bringing the flavors of China, Mexico – wherever beer is loved! What could be better than great music and great food in a beautiful setting at L.A. LIVE?”
For information on Rocktoberfest, VIP packages and to purchase tickets in advance, please visit www.rocktoberfest.com <http://www.rocktoberfest.com/> .