The Loren at Pink Beach today announces its summer guest chef series featuring a lineup of chefs for an outstanding experience at The Pink Beach Club. This curated series will launch on Friday, May 21, and will follow every Friday through the rest of the 2021 summer season. The summer chef series is a natural extension of The Loren’s long-running food & beverage focus on cultivating relationships with local farms and building menus around the rich gastronomic resources of Bermuda. Chefs confirmed to participate in the series include:
- Chef Saul Bolton, Executive Chef and Owner of one of the first Michelin-starred restaurants in Brooklyn, Saul quickly earned eight Michelin stars throughout his career. Chef Bolton opened the namesake Saul Restaurant in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, during which he garnered and maintained a Michelin star (‘05-’13), and two stars from The New York Times. In 2010, Saul opened The Vanderbilt, and in 2013, Red Gravy.
- Chef Robert Stehling, James Beard Foundation award winner (Best Chef: Southeast) and founding Executive Chef/Owner of Charleston’s renowned Hominy Grill where for over two decades he consistently garnered acclaim for his deep commitment to showcasing low country traditions.
- Chef JJ Johnson, is an award winning Chef, Founder, TV Personality and Author. Chef JJ presents an environment for connection through food that transcends people, memories, and generations. His diligent efforts toward the food industry has amounted to untouchable accolades: James Beard Award Winner for Best Author and Nominations for Best Chef and Rising Star NYC, Forbes and Zagat 30 under 30, and 2 time Best New Restaurant of the Year Winner by Esquire Magazines. His ability to combine culturally-relevant ingredients with classical technique is showcased at FIELDTRIP, his quick-casual rice bowl shop that highlights the future of food.
- Chef Dayanny De La Cruz, the Dominican-American Executive Chef for Centerplate at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium who in 2020 became the first female head chef to helm the culinary program for the biggest sporting event in the world, leading a crew of 2,500+ culinary employees, including 250 chefs at Super Bowl LIV.
- Chef Eric Adjepong, a finalist on Bravo’s Top Chef (season 16) and contestant on Top Chef All-Stars (season 17), is a Ghanaian-American chef that sources the flavors and influences in his cooking from many of the West African dishes he grew up eating.
- Chef Nina Compton, a 2018 James Beard Foundation award winner (Best Chef: South) from Saint Lucia who combines her passion for French and Italian cuisine with the flavors of the Caribbean as Chef/Owner of Compère Lapin and Bywater American Bistro (BABs) in New Orleans.
- Chef Ryan Hardy, Executive Chef and Owner of acclaimed New York City establishments such as Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones and Legacy Records, Chef Hardy has been nominated as a finalist for a James Beard Foundation award on six occasions.
These and additional culinary talents will design and create their own original menus incorporating seasonal Bermudian ingredients such as watermelon, peppers, leeks, pawpaw, assorted lettuces, corn, turnips and squash, as well as freshly-caught seafood such as wahoo, tuna, rockfish and more.
The specialties created through the summer guest chef series will be served before sea views at The Pink Beach Club. All guests and visitors will be dining for a good cause, with a portion of the proceeds from the series will go to the recently announced Loren Roots Initiative. Furthermore, the series will give back to the island by offering interactive cooking experiences for local schools to showcase locally grown produce and protein, teaching Bermuda’s next generation about the benefits of seasonally healthy eating.
“We’re always dreaming about creative ways for our guests to celebrate Bermuda, and our new summer guest chef series will offer some of the world’s finest culinary talent to showcase the island’s best local ingredients,” said Sebastien Maingourd, General Manager at The Loren at Pink Beach. “Great food and experiences in Bermuda is what we love to do at the Loren.”
Pricing for the series begins at $125; to view available dates or make reservations, please visit TheLorenHotel.com, you can follow the brand on Instagram (@TheLorenBermuda) or Facebook (@LorenHotelBermuda).