We all love a nice, sugary beverage from time to time, it takes us back to our childhood days. It reminds us of simpler times when Kool-Aid was king and frozen Icee’s were a treat.
In the summertime, a big glass of lemonade is sure to tingle the taste buds.
During the winter months, many of us enjoy a hot mug of mulled apple cider.
While these drinks are traditionally made with high amounts of sugar, they certainly do not have to be!
CEO of Jordans Mixes, Jordan Englehardt, has changed the landscape of refreshing drinks forever. In 2009, she started Jordan’s Skinny Mixes in her mother’s kitchen. Her goal was to create products that would allow the average consumer to make delicious beverages at home, without large amounts of calories and sugar!
Perfectly Sweetened Beverages
Countless people enjoy ordering their favorite caffeinated beverages in coffee shops worldwide. Purchasing these beverages can cause your wallet or pocketbook to take a heavy financial toll after a while.
Never fear-Jordan’s Skinny Syrups is here! With a wide variety of flavors such as vanilla, mocha, salted caramel, pumpkin, white chocolate and butter toffee, it’s possible to replicate almost any specialty, coffee-based beverage.
According to CEO Jordan Englehardt, “Nothing could have prepared us for the overwhelming year-round fans of pumpkin. Our fall line is something we continue to innovate year after year.”
Jordan’s doesn’t stop at syrups geared towards coffee. They have an entire line that are exciting and bursting with fruity flavor. These syrups come in delicious flavors like cherry, dragon fruit acai, strawberry rose, lemon elderflower, lemon raspberry, peach, hibiscus passionfruit and strawberry. These are perfect added to soda water or plain water. A yummy calorie-free refreshing drink is so easy with Jordan’s.
Jordan Englehardt mentions, “Some of our best-selling products are the Sugar-Free Mermaid Syrup and the Sugar-Free Unicorn Syrup, which recently went viral on Tik Tok when a creator posted recipes for fun, flavored water featuring those flavors.”
Of course, adult beverages can be made healthier as well, by using Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. Add these calorie-free syrups to your mimosas and martinis! If you would like to make the drink-making process even easier, Jordan’s has that covered too. They offer an entire line of cocktail mixes. Just a few of the products offered include Skinny Margarita, Skinny Mojito, Skinny Cosmo and Skinny Frose Mix.
One of the newer products that the company offers are their Flavor Bursts. These pocket sized flavorings are perfect for travel and keeping at the office. They are offered in a variety of flavors for your favorite on-the-to drinks.
For a large selection of coffee recipes using Jordan’s Skinny Syrups, click here.
For a great selection of cocktail recipes using Jordan’s Skinny Syrups, click here.
Healthy and Full of Flavor Desserts
The versatility of Jordan’s Skinny Syrups goes much further than beverages. The syrups can be used for making delicious, healthy desserts. According to Jordan,
Skinny Mixes and Skinny Syrups are not just for coffee, they can be added to oatmeal, pancakes, protein shakes, smoothies and more. Our fans love to make their favorite desserts including chocolate peanut butter cups, cheesecake, pudding, muffins and popsicles flavored with our products. The options are truly endless.
When asked about her favorite recipes, Jordan Englehardt was more than happy to share with Food & Beverage Magazine. Here are a few of her current favorites, using Jordan’s Skinny Syrups.
Zero Sugar-Added Blueberry Pie
- 7 cups of blueberries (about 36 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup
- 1 large egg
- Sugar-free Pie Crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Simple Syrup
- Prepare for the exquisite taste of fresh blueberry pie by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add four cups of blueberries to a saucepan over medium heat. Using a potato masher, occasionally smash the blueberries until they have been reduced and broken down. The reduction will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Let the mixture cool.
- Add the remaining uncooked blueberries to a bowl with Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup, Simple Syrup, corn starch, lemon zest, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cooled cooked blueberries to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Transfer the blueberry mixture to your pie crust and spread it evenly.
- Whisk together an egg with one tablespoon of water to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on the pie crust edges and cutouts.
- Place your completed pie on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn down the heat from 400 degrees Fahrenheit to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave your pie in the oven until the crust has turned golden brown and most of the blueberry liquid has evaporated. The reduction will take around 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let your pie cool and set. Slice and serve your Zero-Sugar Added Blueberry Pie!
Salted Caramel Espresso Martini
- Salted Caramel Flavor Burst
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1.25 ounces espresso (chilled)
- ice (to serve)
- Combine vodka, 1-2 squirts of Salted Caramel Flavor Burst, chilled espresso, and plenty of ice into a martini glass. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass & enjoy!
How Can I Find Jordan’s Mixes?
Jordan’s Skinny Syrups and mixes can be found in quite a few retail stores. TJ Maxx, Homegoods and Bed, Bath and Beyond regularly carry a large assortment of the products. If you prefer ordering online, Jordan’s Skinny Mixes has an online store that carries all of their current products.
Don’t want to run out of your favorite syrups? You can even subscribe so that you never run low!
Yes. It’s very possible to enjoy the delicious tastes of summer without lots of sugar and calories. Jordan’s Skinny Syrups and Mixes make it possible to enjoy your favorites without any guilt.