Looking for snacks to eat throughout the day to boost your energy naturally? Raw foods like fresh tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, kale and sweet potatoes are easy to incorporate into satisfying snack recipes. Nutritionists have found that incorporating more raw foods into your diet will increase consumption of fiber, vitamins and minerals, aid in weight loss, and will increase energy levels.
- 8 Heirloom Tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Wash, dry and core tomatoes.
- Slice tomatoes ¼” thick.
- Season tomatoes by sprinkling salt, basil, oregano and ground black pepper.
- Place vegetables in a single layer on Excalibur dehydrator trays.
- Dry at 155º F for 8 to 12 hours or until tomatoes become crisp.
- Let tomato chips cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container.
- 1 carrot
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Wash and dry carrots.
- Thinly slice carrots.
- In a bowl mix carrots, salt, melted coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Place carrots in a single layer on Excalibur dehydrator trays.
- Dry at 125º F for 6 to 10 hours or until carrots become crisp.
- Let carrot chips cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container.
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1⅓ tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Wash and dry cucumbers.
- Then thinly slice cucumbers.
- In a bowl mix cucumbers and all seasonings.
- Place cucumbers in a single layer on Excalibur dehydrator trays.
- Dry at 125º F for 4 to 8 hours or until cucumbers become crisp.
- Let cucumber chips cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon pureed garlic (about 2 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ pound stemmed curly kale
- (about 1 ½ large bunches)
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 to 6 hours.
- Rinse and drain.
- To make the cheese sauce, combine the cashews, carrot, water, nutritional yeast, chili powder, lemon juice, salt, garlic, onion powder, cumin, and cayenne in an Omega high-performance blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Wash and towel-dry the kale and put it in a large bowl.
- Toss the kale with the sauce, making sure all the sauce is clinging to the leaves.
- Place the leaves on Excalibur dehydrator trays covered with a nonstick sheet.
- Make sure that each leaf is separated from the others and none are on top of each other. This ensures that the leaves dry quickly and evenly.
- Dehydrate at 105°F until completely crisp, about 12 hours or longer
(Courtesy of Raw Food for Dummies by Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried rosemary flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- Wash and dry sweet potato.
- Thinly slice sweet potato.
- In a bowl coat sweet potato slices with lemon juice and olive oil. Then add dry ingredients.
- Place sweet potato slices in a single layer on Excalibur dehydrator tray.
- Dry at 125º F for 7 to 11 hours or until sweet potato chips become crisp.
- Let chips cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container.
About Excalibur Dehydrators
Since 1974, Excalibur Food Dehydrators have changed the way people all over the world prepare and preserve food. Compact enough to fit on your kitchen counter, the Excalibur Dehydrator replaced sun drying, solar drying, and oven drying. The electrical dehydrator created a more predictable dehydration method that allowed people to dry 24 hours a day, come rain or shine. Excalibur Dehydrators are the only home appliance that incorporates the Parallexx™ Horizontal-Airflow Drying System for best performance, thermostat adjustability, speed, durability, clean-ability and versatility. Dehydrate fruits, vegetables, meats and fish for jerky, herbs and nuts in the comfort of your home. Excalibur Dehydrators are up to 10-times faster than common round dehydrators, and are available in a variety of sizes, including commercial and non-commercial grade units. www.ExcaliburDehydrator.com