We are in the midst of the holiday season and what better way to celebrate than with family and friends over tasty dishes that won’t disappoint. Here are a few delicious recipes that will WOW your guests, courtesy of O’dang Foods hummus-based dressings, DAH! yogurt, including a signature sweet potato recipe by Rachel Hunter, The Jersey Tomato Co., including signature dishes by brand partner Tom Colicchio, recipes by Eat Travel Rock host Kelly Rizzo and Penne Straws (‘Better for You’ Plant-based snack which pairs perfectly with O’dang’s dippable Vegan Mayo or on its own)- try the Baked Mac N’ Cheese with Penne Straws Crunch
Recipes perfect for the Holiday Season
O’dang Holiday Recipes
O’dang Lemon Garlic Deviled Eggs
– 6 large eggs
– 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of O’dang Lemon Garlic Mayo
– 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
– Freshly ground black pepper
– Paprika, for garnish
– Minced parsley or other fresh herbs, for garnish
– Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and fill with enough cool water to cover the eggs by an inch or two. Place the pan over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil, remove the pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
– Remove the eggs from the water, tap each one gently against the counter to crack the shell in a few places, then place in the ice water for at least 1 minute. Take the eggs out of the water bath and peel them.
– Cut the eggs in half down their length, from tip to bottom.
– Gently squeeze the eggs to separate the yolks from the whites and use your fingers to remove the yolks. Transfer all the yolks to a small bowl. Arrange the empty whites on a platter, cut-side up.
– Mash the yolks with a fork until they are completely crumbled.
– Add 2 tablespoons of the O’dang mayo and the mustard into the bowl with the yolks. Mix and mash the filling until you form a smooth paste. If the filling feels too stiff, add more mayonnaise a small spoonful at a time.
– Taste and season with salt and plenty of pepper as needed.
– Transfer the filling to a plastic bag or piping bag. Use a spatula to scoop all the filling into a resealable sandwich bag or piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Press the bag with your hands to push all the filling to one corner and press any air out of the top. If using a plastic bag, snip one corner off with a pair of scissors.
Pipe the filling into the egg whites. Pipe the filling into the cup of each egg white, filling the cups so that the filling mounds a little over the top. Squeeze the bag from the top to force the filling downward. Alternatively, scoop the filling into the egg whites with a spoon.
– Sprinkle with paprika and fresh herbs to serve. Sprinkle a pinch of paprika and a pinch of fresh herbs over the top of each egg before serving if desired.
-Congratulate yourself on a job well done.
O’dang Bacon Ranch Cali Bread
– 1 large head of cauliflower
– 2 large eggs
– 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
– 2 tsp O’dang Ranch dressing
– kosher salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
– Ranch, for drizzling
-Preheat the oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment. On a box grater or in a food processor, grate cauliflower. In a kitchen towel, ring out excess liquid from cauliflower.
-Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl with eggs, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, O’dang dressing, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined.
-Transfer dough to a prepared baking sheet and pat it into a crust. Bake the dough until golden and dried out, 25 minutes.
-Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, bacon, and parsley and bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes more. Drizzle with more O’dang dressing, slice, and serve.
-Throw confetti as desired.
O’dang Fried Mashed Potato Balls
– 3 cups mashed potatoes
– 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 tbsp thinly sliced chives
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– Kosher salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 1/3 cups panko bread crumbs
– Vegetable oil, for frying
-In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes with the cooked bacon, cheddar, chives, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
-Place eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop 1” to 2” balls of mashed potato mixture. Roll into a ball in your hands, then dredge first in egg and then in panko. Repeat until all mashed potatoes are used.
Heat 3” of oil in a large cast-iron skillet until the candy thermometer reads 375°. Fry potato balls in batches until golden on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
-Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and season immediately with more salt. Let cool.
-Serve with O’dang Roasted Red Pepper dipping sauce.
– Welcome 2021 like a long lost, treasured relative.
O’dang Dressings are plant-based and available in both vegan and vegetarian options. The eight flavors are: Greek Tzatziki, Lemon Caesar, Roasted Red Pepper, Garden Herb Ranch, Southwest Ranch and Honey Mustard, in addition to the newest flavors Classic Mediterranean and Balsamic Feta. These delicious dressings are available at Walmart Stores as well as many other retailers nationwide. Visit the O’dang website for the full store list.
O’dang also offers an egg-free, dairy-free mayo. A brand new innovation, our mayos are available in three flavors: Lemon Garlic, Cucumber Dill and Roasted Red Pepper. Each mayo flavor contains 20% chickpea protein and broth (aquafaba). The line is Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher OUD, and O’dang Mayos do not contain any cholesterol or trans fats and are low in saturated fat and low in sodium. Available now at all Publix Supermarket locations.
The complete line of O’dang Dressings and Mayos are also available for purchase on the brand’s website: https://www.odangfoods.com Follow on social media @OdangFoods #Odangfoods
DAH! Holiday Recipes
DAH! Curried Bean Stuffed sweet potatoes
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can of black beans
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
freshly cracked black pepper to taste
A dollop of DAH! plain almond cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stab each sweet potato a few times around with a fork and place them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the garlic, black beans, chickpeas, cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are ready to serve, cut the center of the potatoes open and mash the inside. Divide the chickpea mixture evenly among the potatoes. Add a dollop of DAH! plain almond yogurt. ENJOY!
DAH! Holiday Fig and Cinnamon Smoothie
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup DAH! Plain Lassi
3-4 fresh figs
1 1/2 frozen banana
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp flax seeds or meal
1-2 tsp cinnamon
-Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Adjust almond milk and ice to desired consistency.
-Top with your favorite toppings (we suggest figs, chia seeds, granola, or dried coconut)
-Serve and Enjoy!
DAH! Vegan Maple Pear French Toast
2 slices bread of choice (gluten-free, low cal, etc)
1/2 ripe banana
1/2 TBSP ground flax seeds
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1TBSP DAH! Vanilla Almond Yogurt
Maple Pear Compote Ingredients:
1 TBSP maple syrup
1/2 ripe pear
-Mash the banana in a bowl. Then add the flax seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, and stevia. It should be liquid-y. If not, add a little bit more almond milk.
-Soak your bread in this mixture for 2 minutes per side.
-Spray a large pan with nonstick spray and heat to medium. Add your soaked bread; let cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly brown. Remove and set to the side.
-Thinly slice the ripe pear, then add it to the pan with maple syrup. Let cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Pour on top of your french toast.
– Finish with tbsp of DAH! yogurt
DAH! is the leading India-inspired yogurt company in North America. The company’s traditional, slow-cultured process makes its product lines a leader in the yogurt category. DAH! offers traditional Lassi and plant-based yogurt cups in a variety of flavors including Plain, Alphonso Mango, Field Strawberry, Wild Blueberry, Golden Milk, and Madagascar Vanilla. The latest offerings to join the brand are Dahi, a traditional yogurt made through the slow-culturing process made with whole or low-fat milk, and a blend of Oat + Almond + Coconut (OAC) non-dairy yogurt, available in Mango Chili, Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Key Lime, Cherry Vanilla, and traditional Vanilla and Plain. The 2020 Sofi Award Winning brand took home the Gold Award in the ‘Yogurt & Kefir’ category for its 32oz Lassi Alphonso Mango and the Bronze Award in the ‘Plant-Based-Other Dairy’ category for its Alphonso Mango Almond yogurt. DAH!’s Organic Alphonso Mango Almond Yogurt also was awarded the Spark Change 2020 NEXTY Award for Best New Organic Food category. The company’s products can be found in Whole Foods, Market Basket, Safeway, Walmart, Publix, Wegmans, Erewhon, Bristol Farms and specialty grocery stores. DAH! is a KEEN Growth Capital portfolio company. KEEN Growth Capital is a venture fund that invests in and develops early-stage food and wellness companies with meaningful social impact. www.dahlicious.com | Follow @Dahlicious on social media
The Jersey Tomato Co. Holiday Recipes
The Jersey Tomato Co. Classic Baked Ziti recipe
1 (25 oz) jar JTC Marinara sauce
1/2 cup vegetable broth
6 uncooked ziti noodles (not no boil, preferably use Barilla)
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
1 (8 oz) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated or finely shredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp rosemary springs
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 by 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
-Add in JTC sauce, cheese, noodles, and vegetable broth
-Cover tightly with foil and bake 35 minutes
-Remove foil then continue to bake uncovered 10 minutes
– Let rest 5 minutes
-Garnish with rosemary if desired.
The Jersey Tomato Co. Pizza-Stuffed Mushrooms (A perfect appetizer for holiday or NYE)
-20 Mushroom caps
-1 jar JTC Marinara sauce
-1 Cherry tomatoes
– Rosemary sprigs
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
-In a large oven-proof skillet, fill each mushroom cap with marinara, and sprinkle generously with mozzarella.
-Top each with a single tomato and bake until cheese is melted about 15 to 20 minutes.
-Top with rosemary
-Toast to the New Year!
EAT LIKE A TOP CHEF: Enjoy these (2) recipes with The Jersey Tomato Co. courtesy of Top Chef Tom Colicchio
Seafood Cioppino by Chef Tom Colicchio for The Jersey Tomato Co. (Perfect for XMAS EVE)
1 fennel bulb, chopped, fronds reserved
1 large leek, chopped (white and pale green parts)
4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp. fennel seed
Salt & pepper
1 lemon, zest peeled and julienned
1 lb mussels
8 sea scallops
12 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 lb monkfish, trimmed and cut in chunks
½ cup white wine
25oz Jar The Jersey Tomato Co. Spicy Sauce
Heat oil in a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot medium heat. Add veggies and let them sweat (do not add color). When the veggies start to sizzle, turn down the heat.
Add fennel seed, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until veggies are softened and fragrant.
Add ¼ cup white wine.
Add clams, cover and steam until they open, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add mussels and lower heat to simmer until all have opened.
Add the scallops, monkfish and shrimp.
Add Spicy sauce, julienned lemon zest and juice of one lemon.
Allow to simmer until seafood is cooked.
Garnish with chopped fennel fronds and lemon juice.
Pork Involtini by Tom Colicchio for The Jersey Tomato Co.
- 8 slices pork loin, each about ¼ inch thick
- ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, etc.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar The Jersey Tomato Co. Roasted Garlic Sauce
- On a work surface, lightly pound the pork loin slices until they are ¼ inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine ¾ cup Pecorino and ¾ cup herbs. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of the herb mixture over each pork slice and roll into a cylinder. Secure each pinwheel with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour and ¼ Pecorino in a pie plate. In a bowl whisk together 1 egg and yolk.
- Coat the involtini in the flour & Pecorino. Dip in egg wash and dredge in breadcrumbs until entirely coated. Repeat until they are all coated, tapping off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the Involtini and cook over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 3 to 5 minutes. It can be done in batches to not crowd the pan.
- After browning, transfer to an enamel pot or Dutch oven and deglaze the pot with chicken broth.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer, uncovered until the involtini are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the involtini to a plate, sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve.
The Jersey Tomato Co. with Tom Colicchio
The Jersey Tomato Co. a favorite low-sodium tomato sauce line, has now partnered with renowned chef and notable ‘Top Chef’ Head Judge Tom Colicchio for the brand’s 2020 relaunch, complete with new packaging featuring Colicchio’s face on the jars. The tomato sauce line offers Jersey tomato-based products which emphasize vine-ripened, garden-fresh taste and naturally healthful attributes. Having entered the marketplace in 2010, the brand is currently in over 1,400 retail stores nationwide, with the following flavor profiles available to consumers: Marinara, Tomato Basil and Spicy, with their brand-new Roasted Garlic flavor about to launch. The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are naturally low in sodium, with no fillers or additives resulting in a clean label product, gluten free, Non-GMO, naturally low in sodium, vegan, and certified Kosher, and they have no added sugars, no citric acid, and zero preservatives. Available at retailers including Sprouts, Shoprite, Harris Teeter, Stop & Shop, Winn Dixie and more. wwwjerseytomatoco.com @thejerseytomatoco
Penne Straws – THE PERFECT APPETIZER SNACK THAT IS PLANT-BASED AND GLUTEN FREE + RECIPES THAT USE THE GOOD-FOR-YOU SNACK!
Baked Mac N’ Cheese with Penne Straws Crunch
Courtesy of @losangeles_eats
- 1lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2.5 cups whole milk
- Slices of cheddar cheese (To your liking) – Melted
- 1 1/2 cup Mac N’ Cheese Penne Straws (Crushed or whole)
Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add dried pasta and cook until tender, approx 10-12 min. Drain and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to keep from sticking.
For the cheese sauce, melt the unsalted butter in a saucepan. Slowly mix in the milk and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Add the cheese and stir until it melts. Pour melted cheese over pasta (either plated or in pot.)
For Mac N’ Cheese Penne Straws crunch topping, mix breadcrumbs with the butter until the crumbs are moistened.
For Baked, once pasta is in a glass baking dish, pour over cheese sauce, then add penne straws crunch all over the top. Then place back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until desired liking. (Once cheese begins to bubble and penne straws begin to slightly brown, basked dish is definitely done.)
You can ALSO Dip your favorite Penne Straws flavor in O’dang’s low calorie, egg-free and dairy-free spreadable and dippable vegan mayo, available in 3 Mediteranean inspired flavors: Lemon Garlic, Cucumber Dill and Roasted Red Pepper! O’dang is a chickpea-based product line, making it plant-based. It is Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher OUD, and is made with sunflower oil which has far more nutritional benefits than palm oil. www.odangfoods.com
SNAX-Sational Brands’ PENNE STRAWS has become a consumer favorite, the crunchy, tasty, penne shaped snack by Pasta Snacks. Pasta Snacks by Vintage Italia has grown to be the go-to chip alternative. Penne Straws are a plant-based, low-calorie, gluten free, pasta-shaped treat featuring a delicious crunch and seasoned to perfection in five tasty flavors. Cinnamon Churro, Lemon Garlic, Mac ‘N Cheese, Marinara, and Sweet Pepper. Made with all-natural ingredients inclusive of Lentils & White Beans, the snack is non-GMO, OUD Kosher certified, and cholesterol-free. www.pastasnacks.com #PenneStraws @EatPastaSnacks
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS HOLIDAY PASTA BY Kelly Rizzo, Host of @EatTravelRock TV
Kelly Rizzo’s Festive Fall Pasta
1 package sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup veggie or chicken stock
1 tbsp butter
1.5 cups cubed butternut squash
2 cloves garlic
Sage (5-6 leaves)
1/2 cup Goat cheese or blue cheese
1.5 cups Arugula
1/2 lb.Butternut squash pasta (or any kind of pasta)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Place butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
Roast for 40 min or until golden brown and soft
In a skillet over medium high heat, cook butter with the sage for 1 min then add the mushrooms and shallots and season with salt and pepper, add 1/3 cup veggie or chicken stock, turn down to medium heat, and cook a bit longer. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente
Add the roasted squash to the skillet and stir to coat. Add pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Stir until well combined and sauce thickens a bit. Turn on heat and add arugula and stir to combine until slightly wilted. Crumble goat (or blue) cheese on top and gently stir to lightly mix. Serve and enjoy! (Makes 2-3 servings)
When not entertaining at home, you’ll likely find Chicago Native Kelly Rizzo behind the scenes and off the cuff and traveling the world with famous chefs, musicians and industry heavyweights as host of the award-winning entertainment series Eat Travel Rock TV. Kelly’s passion-turned-profession always brings the best food, travel and music together in rockstar fashion.
IG @EatTravelRock https://www.instagram.com/eattravelrock/