In its 9th Year, the Series Continued to Bring the World’s Best Dishes to The Heart of the Festival
ChefDance gathered the finest chefs in the industry to celebrate the festival’s biggest films, stars and VIPs including Danny Masterson, Spike Lee, Alison Brie and more. From January 20th to 24th, guests enjoyed exclusive 4 course meals created by some of the country’s most coveted chefs including Chad White (Sea Rocket), Javier Plascencia (Mission 19), Hung Huynh (Catch), Chef Donatella Arpaia (Donatella) and Elio Scanu (Zucca). Meals were paired by with specialty cocktails created by Snake Oil Cocktail Co. with Ketel One, Don Julio or Smirnoff Vodka and food was sponsored by Nicholas Foods & Company. Additional sponsors included Yogurtland, Sotheby’s, Sorel, Cascal Fermented Soda and Voss Water.
- Chef Chad White, Sea Rocket
- The fourth course featured a pork belly dish paired with mixologist Lucien Conner’s “Normandy” cocktail featuring Ketel One Vodka, cold pressed apples, fennel-pomegranate molasases and angostura bitters. Many attendees raved about the cocktail and loved how it paired with the course.
- Middle of Nowhere stars, David Oyelowo and Emayatzy E. Corinealdi, celebrate the success of their Sundance premiere by enjoying a four-course menu from Chef Chad White paired with Ketel One cocktails at the annual ChefDance dinner series (photo attached).
- Chef Javier Plascencia, Mission 19
- The evening began with a toast featuring “El Jardin Humido” created by mixologist and Tequila expert, Jen Queen. The cocktail featured smoked Tequila Don Julio Blanco with jalapeno infused lime juice and complimented the chef’s first course.
- After celebrating the Sundance premiere of his movie, Liberal Arts, Richard Jenkins celebrated with an authentic four-course Mexican dinner created by Chef Javier Palscencia paired with Tequila Don Julio cocktails during the annual ChefDance dinner series.
- Teresa Palmer looked smitten while attending the annual ChefDance dinner series with beau, Scott Speedman. The couple was all smiles at the Tequila Don Julio sponsored cocktail reception.
- Musician Estelle enjoyed a Tequila Don Julio cocktail during the annual ChefDance dinner series. The R&B musician said though she’s not typically a tequila fan, the night’s featured cocktail made her one.
- Two and a Half Men star, Melanie Lynskey, celebrated her movie, Hello I Must Be Going, by enjoying Tequila Don Julio cocktails with friends at the annual ChefDance dinner series at Sundance (photo attached)
- Chef Hung Huynh, Catch
- Attendees dined on Scottish salmon carpaccio, a poached hailbut with provencal vegetables and a sea scallop entree paired with an inventive Mai Tai cocktail featuring Bulleit Bourbon.
- Actor Geoffrey Arend played paparazzi at this year’s ChefDance dinner honoring his new movie, Save the Date. Between talking to his wife and Sundance “It-Girls”, Alison Brie and Lizzy Caplan, the actor spent time taking pictures of the event and Chef Hung’s dishes while enjoying a Bulleit Bourbon neat.
- Actresss Lizzy Caplan toasted co-star, Geoffrey Arend, and his wife with a Bulleit Bourbon cocktail while celebrating their new movie, Save the Date (photo attached). After a long day publicizing her film, the Sundance star charged her cell during the evening’s meals. Stars- they’re just like us.
- A casual Alison Brie arrived to Sunday night’s ChefDance event and ordered a Bulleit Bourbon cocktail while waiting for her fellow Save the Date castmates. Showing her down-to-earth personality, the Sundance star conversed with guests and fist-bumped fans (photo attached)
- Chef Donatella Arpaia, Donatella
- The second course featured a red wine braised short rib with roasted brussels sprouts, parsnip puree & preserved lemon paired with “When Life Gives You Lemons” featuring Ketel One Vodka.
- Red Hook Summer director Spike Lee and Iron Chef Judge Donatella Arpaia toasted to the New York Giants win with Ketel One cocktails at this year’s ChefDance during the annual Sundance film festival.
- Actor Julian McMahon joined musician Zac Brown at the annual ChefDance dinner series. The odd couple wore matching beanies and toasted the Sundance film festival with Ketel One cocktails while enjoying a four-course dinner from Chef Donatella Arpaia
- Chef Elio Scanu, Zucca
- The dessert course featured petit fours made with venezuelan cacao paired with “Smirnoff Presents Death by Chocolate” featuring Smirnoff Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka.
- Actor/Rapper and star of LUV, Common, enjoyed a private dinner created by Utah Chef Elio Scanu at the annual ChefDance event. During the evening guests enjoyed a four-course menu and toasted Sundance with a Smirnoff Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka cocktail (photo attached).
- Director, Julie Dash, enjoyed a Smirnoff Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka cocktail for dessert during the ChefDance dinner series. The director said that it was the perfect dessert cocktail to enjoy during the snowy Sundance weather.
- Despite the chilly weather, actor Danny Masterson, took time away from his Sundance partying to enjoy a four-course meal from Chef Elio Scanu at ChefDance. The actor was dinning with friends, and his guests toasted to the success of his film with cocktails featuring Smirnoff Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka.
Chefdance is a one-of-a-kind, 5 night culinary extravaganza combining food, wine, music, and film. Each evening, a world-renowned celebrity chef will create gourmet cuisine, paired with featured wines from around the world for a mix of attendees including celebrities, executives, and industry VIP’s. The first annual Chefdance Festival started in 2004, and continues to be a popular attraction during Sundance.
Created in 2006, Yogurtland was the first national frozen yogurt brand to empower their customers with the ability to serve themselves, and revolutionized the now ubiquitous self-serve, pay-per-ounce model seen nationwide. An industry pioneer in premium-quality frozen yogurt, Yogurtland’s fundamental “You Rule” philosophy allows customers the freedom to create their own servings from a choice of 16 original sweet and tart flavors made with real ingredients and more than 35 toppings. Headquartered in Anaheim, Calif., Yogurtland is the nation’s leading and fastest-growing frozen yogurt brand, with over 170 locations in the U.S., Mexico and Guam. For more information about Yogurtland, please visit www.yogurt-land.com www.yogurt-land.com> .
Since the founding of the Sotheby’s auction house in 1744, the Sotheby’s name has been the premier brand for selling the world’s most valuable and prestigious possessions. The Sotheby’s International Realty® organization began in 1976, in part to serve its auction clients a complete package of estate disposition services, and soon became known for representing extraordinary luxury real estate throughout the world. Summit Sotheby’s International Realty serves the real estate needs of Park City and Salt Lake City, facilitating real estate connections between Utah and the world, and artfully uniting extraordinary homes with extraordinary lives.
ABOUT SNAKE OIL COCKTAIL CO.
Founded in September 2009, Snake Oil Cocktail Co. is a boutique cocktail design and consulting firm. The company specializes in creating distinctive culinary cocktails for select bars, restaurants and luxury events. The Snake Oil Cocktail team has a combined experience of over thirty years in cocktail industry, elevating the craft of cocktails nationwide. For more information on Snake Oil Cocktail Co. please visit www.snakeoilcocktail.com/ .
Launched in 2009, CASCAL is a delicious fermented soda crafted with natural juices. CASCAL is complex yet refreshingly light, bubbly and lower in calories. Available in both bottles and cans, the six CASCAL flavors range from more delicate to more robust and are the perfect complement to a meal or can be enjoyed as stand-alone refreshment. For more information on CASCAL, please visit http://cheerscascal.com/.