SAVE THE DATE: CHICAGO SEAFOOD & SPECIALTY FOOD SHOW 2016 ON SEPTEMBER 27
Fortune Fish & Gourmet hosts a full-day of programming with seminars, hands-on
demonstrations, and over 200 seafood and specialty food purveyors
Fortune Fish & Gourmet, the renowned purveyor of quality seafood, meats, and gourmet products; announces press registration is now open for the annual Chicago Seafood and Specialty Food Show on Tuesday, September 27.
Taking place at Navy Pier’s Grand Ballroom, the event features over 200 of the finest seafood and specialty food companies from across the Unites States and around the world. To register, please RSVP via email to be the first to learn about up-to-date information about this year’s show. Attendees can view a sneak peek of this year’s event online.
“Hosting the Chicago Seafood and Specialty Food Show every other year is a highlight for our team,” says Sean J. O’Scannlain, Fortune’s President and CEO. “We are proud to bring the industry’s finest companies and purveyors to Navy Pier with a full day of education, competition and tasting.”
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., attendees can enjoy interactive demonstrations, contests, and breakout sessions. Event highlights include:
- The Big Cheese Contest – Test your palate and cheese expertise. The winner will win an all-expenses paid trip to the 2017 American Cheese Society Conference in Denver, Colorado.
- Mozzarella Pulling – Sponsored by Tulip Tree Creamery. Be amazed as longtime Cheese Maker, Fons Smits, exhibits how to pull mozzarella.
- Deconstructing The Atlantic Bluefin Tuna – Sponsored by Balfego & Balfego S.L. Learn the art of breaking down a whole Atlantic Bluefin Tuna.
- Probiotic Use in Aquaculture Instead of Antibiotics. Sponsored by Ekstrom Enterprises & Sea Pact. Dr. Ione Hunt von Herbing, Ph.D., from the University of Northern Texas will explain the research that she has been conducting on using probiotics in raising Copper Shoals Red Drum.
- Old 1871 Oyster Shucking Competition Finals. Sponsored by Ballard Fish & Oyster. Be the fastest to shuck 12 oysters and win a trip to visit the Old 1871 farms and processing facility in Virginia.
- The Art of Pairing Beer with Cheese. Sponsored by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board & Goose Island Brewing Company. Sara Hill, Manager of Cheese Education for the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, is partnering with Steven Perkins, Certified Cicerone from Goose Island Beer Company, to share how to best pair beer with cheese.
A full list of exhibitors can be found online. Complimentary admission and valet parking is available for Fortune Fish customers, culinary students, media, and hospitality professionals. Pre-registration for all seminars and contests is available online. For more information on Fortune Fish & Gourmet, please visit www.fortunefishco.net.
About Fortune Fish & Gourmet
Fortune Fish & Gourmet is a Bensenville, Ill. based seafood processor and distributor providing white-tablecloth restaurants, private clubs, elegant hotels and independent, gourmet retail stores with the finest quality fresh, live and frozen seafood and gourmet foods. Fortune Fish & Gourmet’s key associates have extensive experience in the seafood and gourmet business, with a worldwide supplier base ranging from individual fishermen and small family farms to multi-national aquaculture and agriculture firms. Headquartered only minutes from O’Hare International Airport’s cargo docks, Fortune Fish & Gourmet has the world’s markets at its fingertips. Fortune handles more than 8,000 seafood and gourmet products, selected to exceed the high standards embraced by their quality driven customer base. Fortune currently services customers in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Indiana and Michigan with a fleet of refrigerated vehicles and nationally through its Flying Fish program. Since 2001, Fortune Fish & Gourmet has brought innovation to seafood and gourmet food distribution, consistently raising the bar for integrity, quality, sustainability and service. To learn more about the company, visit www.fortunefishco.net or call 630.860.7100.