Plant-based food and beverages have entered a new era of resilient growth and innovation. Healthier, tastier, low-carb, soy-free and other options are contributing to a projection that the market will reach $77.8 billion by 2025. The place to experience the next era of plant-based is the upcoming Plant Based World Expo (PBW), North America’s pioneering plant-based trade show and conference. Designed exclusively for foodservice and retail professionals, distributors, investors, and manufacturers, PBW returns to New York September 7-8, 2023 at the Javits Center.
“The plant-based industry has grown at lightning speed since we launched the first Plant Based World in 2019. Each year, we’ve grown and evolved to meet the demand and to showcase the next wave of innovative and accessible products. PBW continues to be the must-attend industry event where buyers learn about the latest plant-based foods and beverages and where the next era of plant-based begins,” said Benjamin Davis, Content Chair and Strategic Advisor, Plant Based World Expo.
The opening keynote, Creating Purposeful Growth with Mindful Innovation, features best-selling author and innovation consultant Matt Mueller who will share strategies for learning how to innovate faster with purposeful growth. You’ll go as far back as 4,000 B.C. to learn from early day innovations and deploy a level of awareness that will uncover the secret formula to business success, stripping innovation to its foundation. With this newfound clarity you will learn how to identify real consumer problems, supercharge your creativity, and collaborate like a pro.
Several exciting new features will debut this year including:
- Buyer Education Theater: Open to all attendees, this is an opportunity to learn about what’s important to key buyers from foodservice and retail. Features speakers from the Food Marketing Institute, Sodexo, JBH Advisory Group, Target, and more.
- Executive Summit: A two-day event during PBW designed for industry professionals to learn from industry leaders and pioneers who are shaping the future of the plant-based sector, including a world-class lineup of speakers from Dao Foods, Infinite Foods, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Elohi Strategic Advisors, Before the Butcher, Whole Foods Market and many more. Topics include everything from the Path to Profitability to the Next Generation of Plant-Based Protein, offering a well-rounded educational program that all corners of the industry can find vital, related content for their business.
With more than 40 sessions and a buzzing expo floor filled with the most exciting and cutting edge brands, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the latest consumer trends, data, and research on plant-based foods.
- See, taste, and experience new product innovations and solutions.
- Become experts on plant-based food and help shape a healthier, more sustainable food system.
- Network with and learn from their peers.
Plant Based World Expo combines a world-class conference with an exhibition showcasing thousands of innovative plant-based food products and brands from around the world including Italy, Denmark, Brazil, Thailand, France and Peru, plus high-level networking and tasting opportunities. More than 4,000 people are expected to attend this year.
Plant Based World Expo offers separate passes for the expo floor and conference program, as well as an All Access Pass for guests looking for a more well-rounded experience. Qualified buyers can receive a free Expo Only pass upon registering, and registering through July 16 offers an Early Bird discount to all. For more information and to register, visit www.plantbasedworldexpo.com.
PBW is the official trade show for the Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA), the pioneering trade association for plant-based food companies.
About Plant Based World
Plant Based World Expo is produced by JD Events, dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities — all geared toward increasing collaboration in the markets it serves.
The Plant Based Foods Association is the only trade association in the U.S. representing over 350 of the nation’s leading plant-based food companies. PBFA’s mission is to champion, strengthen, and elevate our members and the plant-based food industry. PBFA empowers the industry by advocating for government policies that allow fair competition, while expanding market opportunities for retail, distribution, and foodservice to support the continued growth of the plant-based foods industry.