Looking to add some flair to your next birthday party? Well, then we have the perfect recipe for you.
These vanilla buttercream funfetti cupcakes are delicious, easy to make and bring joy to just about any occasion.
Continue reading to learn exactly how to make them as well as learn some fun decorating tips too!
First, let’s focus on making the cupcakes. The ingredients are as follows:
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cups canola oil, or melted and cooled unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
Now we’ll go over how to make this simple yet tasty dessert.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, line 2 standard muffin pans with paper liners and set this aside. A stand muffin pan comes with 12 wells.
- Whisk together the sugar, salt, baking powder, and flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter or oil, vanilla, eggs, and milk. Mix it with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until it’s smooth. This should take about three minutes.
- Fold in the sprinkles. Make sure not to overmix. Otherwise, the sprinkles will end up streaking the batter.
- Fill each paper liner to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the batter until the cakes are light brown. They should spring back when you tap them gingerly. Another method to check they are ready is to insert a toothpick into the cake and see if it comes out clean. This should be about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes inside the pan for around 5 minutes. Next, transfer to a cooling rack and leave them to cool completely.
Once the cupcakes are ready, it’s time to add the frosting. Let’s learn more about that below.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
One of the most delicious things on earth, buttercream is a simple and much-loved confection. The ingredients are as follows:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- pinch of salt, adjust to taste
That’s it. Four simple ingredients for pure deliciousness. Let’s see how to actually make it now.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Instructions
Making vanilla buttercream frosting is almost as enjoyable as eating it! The directions are simple. Here’s all you have to do:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. You can also use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed. Then, increase to medium speed and continue to mix for another 2 minutes or so. The mixture should start to come together.
- Add in the heavy cream (start with 2 tablespoons and add more if needed), salt, and vanilla extract and continue mixing on medium-high speed for another minute.
- Spread the frosting over your cupcakes.
And that’s it! Try not to eat them all at once.
Bonus Decorating Tips
For a really funfetti experience, add sprinkles to your frosting as well.
You can also put food coloring in the batter for themed holidays and events!
If you’re marketing these cupcakes at a corporate event, you can decorate your business as well! Use a label template and get some business cards prepared. You’re going to be having plenty of customers for sure.
Enjoying Your Funfetti Cupcakes
We hope that you’ve had as much fun making these funfetti cupcakes as you will eating them!
Looking for more helpful and important articles? Check out our site today!