IT’S CARNIVAL TIME AT EMERIL’S NEW ORLEANS RESTAURANTS
Emeril’s New Orleans, NOLA and Emeril’s Delmonico Introduce Mardi Gras Cocktails & Desserts
In celebration of Mardi Gras, Chef Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans restaurants have created an array of festive cocktails and sweet treats available now through Lundi Gras (February 8) at Emeril’s Restaurant, NOLA and Emeril’s Delmonico. From King Cake-inspired desserts to potent punches and barrel aged libations there’s something for everyone. Revelers looking to celebrate Mardi Gras at home can also create the Carnival cocktails with recipes below.
Emeril’s New Orleans: Award-winning pastry chef Jeremy Fogg will delight diners with decadent King Cake Monkey Bread ($9), with flavors changing weekly such as bananas foster; pralines n’ cream; café brulot; brandy milk punch; and chocolate strawberry. Mardi Gras cocktails at Emeril’s follow.
- Brandy Crusta – Brandy, Luxardo Maraschino, triple sec, lemon and Angostura Bitters served in a sugar-rimmed flute with a lemon twist.
- Tchop Iced Tea – Southern Comfort, Benedictine, green tea and lemon.
Emeril’s Delmonico: The Garden District’s modern creole dining destination is offering three specialty cocktails and the always popular King Cake Doughnuts ($7) served with strawberry compote and toasted pecans.
- Muse – Cathead Honeysuckle vodka, fresh blackberries, cava and Burlesque bitters.
- Hurricane Punch – Light rum, Rougaroux dark rum, hibiscus, passionfruit, pineapple, housemade grenadine and fresh lemon, lime and orange juices.
- Barrel-Aged Vieux Carre – Rittenhouse rye, Cognac, Sweet Vermouth, a dash of Peychaud’s and Angostura bitters and a splash of Bénédictine.
NOLA: Lagasse’s French Quarter hotspot is featuring creative cocktails, in addition to the sinful King Cake Bread Pudding ($8) served with house-made Creole cream cheese ice cream, strawberry compote and toasted pecan streusel.
- King Cake Martini – Absolut Vanilla, Frangelico and lemon, garnished with lemon zest.
- Carnival Punch – house-made Pineapple Infused Vodka, Pama pomegranate liqueur, lemon juice, topped off with ginger beer and garnished with a lime twist.
- Ambrosia Cocktail – tequila blanco, St. Germain, fresh squeezed orange juice, topped off with ginger beer.
(Each recipe makes one drink)
Muse – Emeril’s Delmonico
1 oz. Cathead Honeysuckle vodka
1 ½ oz. Cava
½ oz. blackberry syrup
1 dash Burlesque bitters
1 blackberry for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, syrup and bitters. Shake vigorously; strain into martini glass and top with Cava. Garnish with blackberry on martini pick.
Carnival Punch – NOLA
1½ oz. pineapple infused vodka
½ oz. PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
¼ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ginger beer as needed
Lime twist for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the vodka, PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur, lemon juice and shake well. Strain over ice into a rocks glass, top with the ginger beer and garnish with the lime twist.
Brandy Crusta – Emeril’s New Orleans
1 ½ oz. brandy
¼ oz. Luxardo Maraschino
¼ oz. triple sec
¼ oz. lemon juice
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Lemon twist for garnish
Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker and shake without ice. Pour into sugar-rimmed champagne flute and garnish with a lemon twist.
Please note, restaurants will have special hours during Carnival season and will be closed on Mardi Gras, Tuesday, February 9. Call ahead for specific hours of operation.
Emeril’s Restaurant is located at 800 Tchoupitoulas Street in the Warehouse District. Lunch is served Monday – Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Dinner is served nightly, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. For further information or reservations: (504) 528-9393.
Emeril’s Delmonico is located at 1300 St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District. Dinner is served Sunday – Thursday from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. For further information or reservations: (504) 525-4937.
NOLA is located at 534 St. Louis Street in the French Quarter. Lunch is served Thursday – Monday, 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Dinner is served nightly from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. For further information or reservations: (504) 522-6652.