- 3 to 3 1/2 lb chicken pieces
- 2 large onions, sliced
- Spice Bazaar Moroccan Blend
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place in baking pan and sprinkle on both sides very generously with Moroccan Blend.
- Top with sliced onions (lots of onions is what makes this dish so special).
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 40 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is well browned and all the juices have evaporated. Do not rush this stage. It is the secret of this flavorful dish.
- When the juices have evaporated and the bottom of the pan is browned add 1 cup water.
- Replace foil and bake 5 to 10 minutes more to loosen all the drippings.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and spoon onions and pan juices on top.
- Serve with Syrian Rice and Fresh Tomato & Cucumber Salad.
To recieve 20% off when ordering spices from Spice Bazaar, please use the following coupon code:
- Coupon’s name: FB101
- Minimum amount need to spend to receive discount is: $10
- Offer Expires: 2014-07-31
About Spice Bazaar
26 years ago Paymon Raouf started his first restaurant called Paymon’s Mediterranean Café and Lounge. The restaurant continues to thrive today with two locations in Las Vegas. During his journey, Paymon developed a special love for herbs and spices and want to share his passion and expertise with his peers all over America. Many restaurants strive for top quality ingredients, but overlook their spice rack. Over the years Paymon has found that the key to achieving consistency in flavor and customer satisfaction comes from the foundation of the meal: the spices and herbs.
Professional chefs from around the world have enjoyed Spice Bazaar’s superior line of food service products since 1987. Please feel free to brows our online store to find the herbs and spices you are looking for and their convenient package sizes and competitively low prices. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us to discuss the possibility of expanding our inventory to include your favorite herb or spice! For more information please visit www.spicebazaar.com and find them on Facebook.