Thursday, August 16 is National Rum Day?
Either way, not to worry – Cruzan Rum has you covered for the big day! Jesse Card, Cruzan’s mixologist straight from the island of St. Croix, has created specialty cocktails to celebrate this “holiday” properly. – they are perfect to enjoy while kicking back, relaxing and embracing the “Don’t Hurry” that the Cruzan rum tribe embodies.
CRUZAN® “DON’T HURRY” CANE
Method: Combine 2 of the lime wedges, sugar & Cruzan Vanilla Rum in a tumbler and lightly muddle for ten seconds. Add Cruzan Aged Light Rum and a scoop of ice and shake hard for 20 seconds. Strain into a chilled Hurricane glass and garnish with the final lime wedge.
- 1 part Cruzan® Vanilla Rum
- 2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 Lime Wedges
CRUZAN® TAKE 9
Method: Combine all ingredients over ice in a tumbler and stir for 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled Martini coupe. Garnish with an orange twist.
- 1 1/2 parts Cruzan® 9 Spiced Rum
- 3/4 part Dry Vermouth
- 1/4 part Curacao
- 1/2 tsp Grenadine
- Orange Twist
CRUZAN® COCONUT OLD FASHIONED
Method: Cut a wide swath of orange peel and lightly press it in the bottom of a rocks glass. Add rum, syrup and bitters. Now drop in a few Coconut Water Ice Cubes and stir gently.
- 2 parts Cruzan® Single Barrel Rum
- 1/2 part Rich Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes of Bitters
- Coconut Water Ice Cubes (see additional recipe below)
- Coconut Water Ice Cubes Recipe: Pour a can of Coconut Water (strain the pulp out first, if needed) in an ice cube tray – the bigger the cube try the better – and freeze for several hours.