In celebration of Diwali, DAH! Brand Partner, Board Member and Culinary Expert Padma Lakshmi created an incredible recipe with DAH! India-Inspired Yogurt for the festive holiday, inspired by Kulfi. Diwali, Deepavali, or Divali, also known as the Festival of Lights, is a Hindu religious festival and one of the most important festivals within Hinduism. It generally lasts five days, and is celebrated during the Hindu lunisolar month Kartika. Diwali, The Festival of Lights, plus joy, prosperity and happiness, will be celebrated this year, kicking off on October 24, 2022.
For Diwali, one of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, Padma Lakshmi just created the perfect recipe to make inspired by Diwali. Padma’s Lassi Pops made with DAH! India-Style, Slow Cultured, Probiotic-Rich Lassi drinkable yogurt. These treats are so easy to make and are great to have on hand for kids and friends. To get fancy, layered pops are also an option! Just fill the wells halfway, let them freeze overnight, then add more fruit, nuts, and DAH! Lassi before freezing again.
Padma’s pops feature the Vanilla with Cardamom Lassi flavor, but also available is Plain, Strawberry with Mint and their award winning Alphonso Mango. All are available at Sprouts nationwide, among other retailers. Her DAH! Lassi Yogurt Pops are inspired by Malai Kulfi Ice Pops. This ice pop recipe is based on Malai Kulfi, the traditional Indian dessert spiced with saffron and cardamom and studded with pistachios.
Download the video of Padma making them here: HERE.
Link live on her Instagram here: HERE.
Padma officially partnered with DAH! as board advisor as announced at the top of 2022. DAH!’s Lassi, India-Style drinkable yogurt, is low in sugar, packed with protein, contains billions of probiotics, and is absolutely Dah!licious. Rooted in the time-honored traditions of Indian food culture, DAH! yogurts are crafted through a slow-culturing process that gives DAH! its incredible flavor and smooth, velvety texture. This slower process also means their yogurts are naturally more nutritious, delivering high probiotic content and less sugar to promote digestive health and overall well-being.
Please find the official recipe below. Happy Diwali!
DAH! Lassi Pop Recipe: Makes (10) 3oz. pops
- (1) 32oz. Bottle of DAH! Vanilla with Cardamom Lassi
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, unsalted. Optional: swap for another nut of your choice, such as cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries. Optional: swap for another berry of your choice, such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
- Popsicle molds (we used a popsicle mold with (10) 3oz. wells)
- Mortar & Pestle or molcajete
- Gently grind the saffron threads in a small mortar and pestle. Pour the saffron powder into the lassi bottle and shake to combine. The lassi will take on a beautiful pale yellow hue.
- In a large mortar and pestle or molcajete, coarsely crush the pistachios into small pieces (you could also coarsely chop the pistachios on a cutting board).
- Using a small espresso spoon, add crushed pistachios to each well of your popsicle mold and repeat with the chopped strawberries.
- Slowly pour the lassi into each well, place the popsicle sticks in each center, and transfer to the freezer. Let it freeze overnight.
- Enjoy the next day- if you find the popsicles won’t release directly from the mold, you can run the mold under hot water for a few seconds to loosen it from the well.
For more information on DAH! Lassi and the brand’s yogurt offerings, and additional recipes from Padma Lakshmi, visit www.dahlicious.com and follow @padmalakshmi @Dahlicious on social media!