The 42nd Annual Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show is rapidly approaching, and it is the only event in Florida that exclusively serves the restaurant and foodservice industry. There will be many special forums and events at this year’s show, educating attendees on foodservice and restaurant strategies, and showing the latest foodservice products and equipment from restaurant suppliers. This year’s show, to be held Sunday, September 22 – Tuesday, September 24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL will feature the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum, the Food Trends Experience, and many other special events and exhibitors.
“We are very excited for this year’s Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, and it will be one of the best shows yet between cooking demonstrations from celebrity chefs, and the addition of many new exhibitors,” said Ron Mathews, Industry Vice President for Reed Exhibitions’ Foodservice events. “We have many impressive special events and exhibitors added to the show, and it should be a very educational and fun experience for the attendees.”
The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will feature many special events, which are included in the “Exhibits Plus” pass. Special events this year will include:
- Food Trends Experience – This special event is a tasting adventure providing direct access to product, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market – healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, and many more. This is the fastest way to see and learn about the culinary innovations that will inspire new fresh menu ideas, delight customers, and drive profits.
- Bacon Celebration – Sponsored by Smithfield: Bacon is in demand, and chefs are finding creative new ways to utilize this product in every course, from breakfast to dessert. Now there is a place to celebrate America’s bacon obsession. The 42ndAnnual Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will host the Bacon Celebration Event sponsored by Smithfield Foodservice. Foodservice professionals will be able to discover various ways to use bacon in the All-New Bacon Demonstration Theater
- Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum – Sample the new education menu at the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum, which provides the gold-standard, industry-leading educational content that is practical and relevant for today’s foodservice professional. This forum provides handpicked industry experts that will educate you on new trends, how to increase revenue, and much more including ServSafe Food Protection Manager’s Review Class and Examination; Allertrain: Fast Track to Profits Education Symposium – and The Foodservice Council for Women.
- The 2013 American Culinary Federation Culinary Arts Competition — Chefs will compete in the R.L. Schreiber Apprentice/Jr. Member Florida State Championship Team Skills Competition, Taste of Elegance Pork Signature Recipe Competition, the USA Culinary Cup Team Competition, and the Pastry Challenge. Many of the award winning meals will be served during the Chef’s Table Luncheons, a four-course surprise lunch prepared by the participating chefs.
- Ice Carving Demonstration – Ice Pro will be offering an Ice Carving Demonstration on Sunday, September 22nd with Certified Competition Ice Sculptor and Guinness World Record holder, Joe Rimer. Rimer is the Co-founder of Team World Record Ice and was recently featured on the Today Show.
- Culinary Demonstration Theater- Featured chefs including Valarie Enters and Emily Ellyn, as well as other industry professionals, will highlight the trends in the foodservice industry and entertain spectators with demonstrations.
- Multi Unit Operator Alliance (MUOA) – Attendees will be able to discover the latest trends and information that meet the specific needs and business challenges of the multi-unit operators, as well as receive many exclusive VIP benefits. There will be a session, led by Jim Sullivan, CEO of Sullivision.com, which will focus on the 9 best practices of high-performing foodservice owners, operators, and franchisees around the globe.
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association Events – The FRLA will host a series of events including The BIG Party, where hospitality VIPs gather and network, and the NRA/FRLA Bob Leonard Golf Classic, where key decision-makers from national restaurant and hotel chains return for this exciting golf tournament.
In addition to the exciting special events and educational sessions, there are also hundreds of exhibitors who will be showcasing new products and services at the 42nd annual Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show. Exhibitors include 3M Foodservice, The Culinary Institute of America, Domino Foods Inc., True Foodservice Equipment, as well as other locally owned businesses in Florida. In addition there are many new exhibitors such as Upfront Foods, StimaUSA, Paramount Coffee Service, FPL Food LLC, and many more. Restaurant and Foodservice industry professionals should register here to attend the 2013 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show.
About The 2013 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show
The 2013 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will be held Sunday, September 22 – Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. The Show is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, and sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association (www.frla.org). For more information on exhibiting or attending future events, call (888) 334-8705 or visit the official Show website atwww.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com.