The Real McCoy Rum, a brand whose story is rooted in American history, will be toasting Independence Day with two seasonal recipes sure to enhance summer celebrations. The smooth and versatile flavor profiles of The Real McCoy 3- and 5-year-aged rums serve as the perfect accompaniment to Fourth of July festivities.
Combining the sweetness of agave nectar and fresh berries with the refreshing kick of lime juice and ginger beer, The Berries cocktail will freshen up Fourth of July cocktail menus and gatherings. The Strawberry-Watermelon Rum Granita will cool down partygoers as a frozen dessert full of the season’s finest fruits blended with the award-winning taste of The Real McCoy Rum.
- 1 ½ oz. Real McCoy Rum
- ½ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ oz. Agave Nectar
- 2 oz. Ginger Beer
- Fresh Strawberry & Raspberries
- Muddle Berries in shaker, add Real McCoy, Lime Juice and Agave and shake with ice.
- Strain into ice filled glass and top with Ginger Beer and a few whole berries.
- 6 oz. Real McCoy Rum
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries
- 2 cups Watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 oz of Fresh Lime Juice
- Puree all ingredients in blender, and then freeze in shallow container.
- Use fork to stir until slushy & dish up in bowls with a strawberry garnish. (Serves a good-sized picnic — about 8.)
About The Real McCoy
The Real McCoy Rum is born from the story of Bill McCoy, the pioneer Rum Runner of the Prohibition era. A blend of column and pot still rum, The Real McCoy is a multi-award-winning super premium rum, made using only top quality black strap molasses and proprietary yeast, and is aged in toasted American oak bourbon barrels. The Real McCoy is produced by Foursquare Distillery in the province of St. Phillip, Barbados, West Indies and is available in 3, 5 and 12 Year aged expressions in CT, MA, NJ, FL, RI and Upstate NY. For more information on The Real McCoy Rum, visit www.realmccoyspirits.com