The Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show (www.ncbshow.com) introduces new programming to the 2016 conference, the largest annual bar and nightlife trade show, March 7-9, 2016 in Las Vegas.
The conference program will feature eight tracks: bartending and mixology (in partnership with the United States Bartenders’ Guild); promotions and marketing; social media;beer, food and wine; operations and management; customer experience and liability; and new to the conference this year, nightlife (in partnership with Nightclub.com) andindustry trends and research. Bar and nightlife professionals will also have the opportunity to gain the right tools from hands-on certifications, workshops, off-site trainings and back of house tours.
“We are incredibly excited about this year’s certification programs, off-site trainings, workshops and seminars,” said Kristen Santoro, Nightclub & Bar Media Group conference and content director. “Nightclub & Bar Show is constantly searching for new and thought-provoking ways to enhance the conference, and we really feel like we hit it out of the park this year.”
Brand new to the 2016 show, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in exclusive certification programs including:
- National HOST Security Certification – This program is highly recommended for all owners, managers and bar or club security hosts. Topics covered by Robert Smith, CEO of Nightclub Security Consultants and Richard Bistline, law enforcement liaison with Nightclub Security Consultants, will range from conflict resolution and legal limits to criminal liabilities and alcohol regulations.
- ServSafe Manager Training Certification – Timothy Moulson, president and CEO of Term Management will host a 2-hour seminar covering the importance of food safety, how to prevent food-borne illnesses, how to train employees in food sanitation and much more. This session will wrap up with a written test to earn nationally accredited certifications.
This year’s conference will hold 92 information-packed seminars and workshops from over 120 industry experts with additional food-centric sessions, training tips for managers, platform-specific social media seminars, design strategies and much more including:
- The Craft Beer Phenomenon: What to Expect Next, with Andy Sparhawk, Brewers Association, Pat Fahey, Cicerone Certification Program, Matt Meadows, New Belgium and Paul Gatza, Brewers Association
- Turn Your Staff Into Sales Superstars, with Bob Brown, Bob Brown Service Solutions
- Quality vs. Quantity: Social Strategies That Deliver Results, with Cheldin Rumer, i-g creative
- The Rise of Clean Cocktails, with Melissa Davis, Liquor Lady Marketing
- Crush Your Competition: Sports Bar Marketing, with Ram Krishnan, Buzztime
Off-site training sessions provide participating guests the opportunity to get hands-on experience at top Las Vegas venues. Professionals can sign up for the following off-site sessions:
- Whiskey Tasting and Cocktail Creation Training at Commonwealth in Downtown Las Vegas sponsored by Beam Suntory. During this course, whiskey experts will conduct a blind tasting and share unique recipes.
- Lighting Training at Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub sponsored by Elation Professional will allow attendees to experience lighting like never before. Expert staff from Marquee and Elation Professionals will walk through lighting, sound and video programming in three distinct venue types for optimal effects for anyone in the business who wants to learn the ins and outs of their lighting equipment.
- Mixology Training session at Herbs & Rye by owner Nectaly Mendoza. Sponsored by Diageo, Mendoza will demonstrate some of the best practices behind the bar, share cocktail recipes and innovative ways to entertain customers.
- Back of House Tour at LIGHT Nightclub will give guests the opportunity to get an exclusive look behind the scenes at one of Las Vegas’ most acclaimed venues. LIGHT Nightclub merges cutting-edge creativity with incredible music to produce a new kind of nightlife experience.
The expo floor will feature over 700 suppliers packed with products and services from the most popular brands in the industry. This year, the conference has extended the floor hours on Tuesday, March 8 from noon to 6:30 p.m., giving attendees ample time to experience all there is to offer on the floor from suppliers, sponsors and big brands including:
- American DJ
- Angry Orchard
- Beam Suntory
- Brewers Association
- Constant Contact
- Food & Beverage Innovations
- Mechanical Bull Sales
- Middleby Corporation
- Russian Standard Vodka
- Samuel Adams Brewery
- Starbuzz Las Vegas
- True FoodService
- United States Bartenders Guild
Attendees will also have the opportunity to experience more than 65 product categories throughout the floor including décor and furnishings; sprits; beer and wine; alcohol-free beverages and food.
Exciting nightly events and parties allow peers to network with thousands of colleagues, friends and industry professionals.
- Monday, March 7 – Guests can kick off the conference by attending the Welcome Kickoff Party at Daylight Beach Club at Mandalay Bay, one of Las Vegas’ premier daylife venues. Super Premium Pass attendees also have the option of attending an exclusive networking event at Hyde at Bellagio.
- Tuesday, March 8 – All attendees are welcome to Mix + Mingle at LAVO inside The Palazzo to share stories, gather ideas and build relationships with industry personnel. Additionally, the Platinum Party of the night will take place at XS Nightclub at Encore, providing an elegant and enticing environment at the No. 1 Las Vegas club.
- Wednesday, March 9 – The convention’s nightlife events will end with a bang at the The Downtown Backyard Bash at Gold Spike with fun activities including cornhole and shuffle board and the opportunity to merge work with play.
The 2016 Nightclub & Bar Show offers industry professionals the opportunity to connect with suppliers, network with new businesses, gain critical skills to ensure their success in the dynamic bar and nightclub industry, and discover new products. For those interested in attending the show or for more information, please visit www.ncbshow.com.
About Nightclub & Bar Media Group
Nightclub & Bar Media Group, a division of Boston, MA based Questex LLC, is the go-to resource for the on-premise professional. Mirroring the fast-paced, trend-setting nature of the beverage industry, Nightclub & Bar has been providing the specific tools bar professionals, owners and managers need to grow their businesses, compete, and succeed in this hyper-competitive and dynamic industry for 30 years. Nightclub & Bar Media Group produces the Nightclub & Bar Show (www.ncbshow.com), VIBE Conference (vibeconference.com/), Nightclub & Bar Top Rated Lists (www.nightclub.com/category/ncb/scene/top-rated), Nightclub & Bar Awards, and produces daily content on www.nightclub.com.