With summer’s warm weather finally here, stock up on these refreshing sunny season varietals from Francis Ford Coppola Winery. The Diamond Collection Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc along with the Director’s Chardonnay are three delicious, affordable options perfect for serving all summer long for any occasion, including July 4th celebrations, backyard barbeques, pool parties and beachfront soirees.
Diamond Collection Pinot Grigio (SRP: $16)
- Crisp and bright white wine made to enjoy on warm, sunny days.
- Crafted in the classic Northern Italian style.
- Grown in the cool climate of Monterey County, ideal conditions for this delicate grape, our Pinot Grigio is delightfully refreshing. The grapes are picked in the early morning and fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at cool temperatures, bringing out top notes of apricots and tangerines, followed by flavors of pear, green apple and grapefruit with underlying mineral accents.
Director’s Chardonnay (SRP: $17)
- A smooth, velvety Chardonnay made from cool-climate Sonoma fruit.
- Director’s Chardonnay 2010 exudes a dazzling perfume of pears, guava and honeysuckle before delivering sweet, luscious flavors of flavors of spiced apples and vanilla crème. Delicious with crab wontons, pork tenderloin with apples and raisins, or a tropical fruit salad.
- Our Director’s Chardonnay is sourced from vineyards throughout Sonoma County that represent a range of climates, soil profiles and clonal selections. This diversity yields a complex and intriguing wine and allows for nuances in blending. Our fruit is harvested in the early morning hours and whole-cluster pressed. A large percentage of the wine is then barrel fermented to achieve richness and bring out notes of vanilla and spice. The remaining wine is fermented in stainless steel for a touch of vibrant acidity, which helps create a beautiful balance. The wine also undergoes partial malolactic fermentation for a creamy mouthfeel.
Diamond Collection Sauvignon Blanc (SRP: $17)
- A light, elegant white wine that balances sweet, juicy flavors with bright acidity.
- Flaunts a fresh, vibrant style with luscious tropical fruit flavors mingling with hints of pink grapefruit figs and fresh grass.
- Crafted from grapes grown in two regions of Napa Valley – Yountville and Chiles Valley – our Sauvignon Blanc flaunts a fresh, vibrant style, which is accomplished by 100% stainless steel fermentation. Here, luscious tropical fruit flavors mingle with hints of pink grapefruit figs and fresh grass.
About Francis Ford Coppola Winery
Francis puts it best, saying the winery is a wine wonderland, a park of pleasure where people of all ages can enjoy all the best things in life: food, wine, music, dancing, games, swimming and performances of all types. A place to celebrate the love of life. Francis Ford Coppola Winery is located at 300 Via Archimedes in Geyserville, California, accessed from US HWY 101 and the Independence Lane exit. Among the many unique attractions at the property, Francis Ford Coppola Winery features a wine tasting bar, two restaurants, swimming pools, a movie gallery, a performing arts pavilion and a park area with game tables and bocce courts. Francis Ford Coppola Winery opens at 11 a.m. daily. For more information visit www.FrancisCoppolaWinery.com.