For the first time in history Fontainebleau Miami Beach will turn pink inside and out when the façade of the resort’s famed curvilinear Chateau Tower and hotel lobby are illuminated pink in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
As part of its annual “Bleau Goes Pink” initiative in partnership with Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, the iconic hotel will feature a Spa & Spice promotion throughout the month of October. During the promotion, Fontainebleau signature restaurants including Gotham Steak, Hakkasan, Scarpetta and La Cote will extend their Miami Spice offers into October and Lapis Spa will offer two $99.00 spa treatments, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. In addition, select Fontainebleau retail stores will feature special retail offers benefiting Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
Bleau Goes Pink kicks off after sundown on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at a special lighting ceremony and reception on the Fontainebleau poolscape when Fontainebleau Miami Beach President and Chief Operating Officer Phil Goldfarb and Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Executive Director Cathy McCarthy flip a ceremonial switch. The Fontainebleau Chateau Tower will be lit pink the entire month of October from dusk to 10 p.m. nightly. Southern Audio Visual is executing the lighting with nearly 100 high-powered lighting fixtures.
The resort’s lobby, including Bleau Bar and James Turrell light installations at the concierge and reception desks, will also go pink for the evening’s festivities on October 1. Marking the first time the legendary hotel has altered its white façade, Fontainebleau Miami Beach will join buildings such as The White House, Empire State Building, Sydney Opera House and Buckingham Palace in lighting up pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Spa & Spice and retail offers benefiting Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale include:
Spa & Spice Dining and Spa Offers
· $39.00 Miami Spice prix-fixe dinner menus extended into October at Gotham Steak, Scarpetta, Hakkasan and La Cote with $1.00 from every check going to Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
· $23.00 Hakkasan Dim Sum Lunch extended into October with $1.00 from every check going to Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
· A $99.00 50-minute Swedish massage with $1.00 for every massage purchased in October going to Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
· A $99.00 Pore Perfection Facial+ with $1.00 for every facial sold in October going to Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
· A $15.00 Zumba Fitness class on Saturday, October 5 hosted by Zumba Fitness Party in Pink with 75 percent of proceeds benefitting the national Susan G. Komen organization.
The Shops at Fontainebleau Retail Offers
· Retail shops Morris & Co. and Bleau Signature will offer registration for Sleep in for the Cure®. For a donation of $35.00 to Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, registrants will receive a comfy Sleep in for the Cure T-shirt and race bib to snooze the day away in.
· BloqUV Tickle me Pink apparel for sale with BloqUV donating a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
On Saturday, October 19, 2013, starting at 7:30 a.m., more than 20,000 runners and walkers will meet at Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132 to participate in the 18th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®.
For more information on the Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale affiliate, to register or volunteer for the Race for the Cure® go to www.komenmiaftl.org or call (305)383-7116.
For more information about Bleau Goes Pink, visit www.fontainebleau.com.
About Susan G. Komen
Since its inception in 1995, the Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Affiliate has raised more than $13 million. Seventy five percent (75%) of the net dollars raised through local events, including the annual Race for the Cure®, stay in Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties to fund breast cancer screening, education and treatment initiatives. In 2012, the Affiliate granted $1.129 million to 36 organizations in the three South Florida counties to further the Komen mission. The remaining 25% of net dollars raised, $2.5 million since its inception, goes to the Komen national breast cancer research fund. In the last 10 years, the national organization has awarded more than $4.6 million back to research facilities in the community.
About Fontainebleau Miami Beach
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau Miami Beach merges striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology into a vibrant guest experience. A revered landmark and symbol of style and sophistication since its opening in 1954, Fontainebleau Miami Beach boasts 1,504 guestrooms and suites appointed with lavish amenities and iMacs; 12 restaurants and lounges including three AAA Four Diamond signature restaurants Gotham Steak, Scarpetta and Hakkasan; two dynamic nightlife venues including the world-famous LIV Nightclub; the 40,000-square-foot Lapis spa with mineral-rich water therapies and invigorating treatments; a dramatic oceanfront pool-scape offering lush cabanas and sun loungers; and is home to BleauLive, the innovative concert series that combines intimate performances with memorable weekend escapes.