- 1 dozen extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leaving the tail on
- ½ C. flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ C. light coconut milk
- 1 C. panko bread crumbs
- 1 C. sweetened and shredded coconut
For sweet and sour sauce:
- ½ C. white sugar
- ¼ C. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- Make sauce by placing sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and ½ cup water in a small sauce pan and whisking it occasionally as you bring it to a boil. In the meantime mix 1 tablespoon of cold water with corn starch. Once sauce begins to boil drizzle in corn starch mixture and mix vigorously. When the sauce thickens, turn off the heat and set aside to cool. Set aside.
- Preheat your broiler on high and line a baking sheet with a Cookina Cuisine sheet.
- Mix eggs and coconut milk together and place in shallow bowl. Place Coconut and breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl and finally flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Season shrimp with salt and place in bowl with flour. Pat excess flour off and place in egg mixture. Once evenly coated place in coconut mix, making sure each shrimp is properly pressed and has a good amount of coconut and breading adhering to it.
- Place shrimp on Cookina Cuisine sheet and place in broiler. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until coconut is browned. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Chef George Duran
George Duran is a chef and entertainer. Author of Take This Dish and Twist it, known for his Food Network show Ham on the Street and most recently host of TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off. He’s appeared as guests on the Dr. Oz Show, NBC Today Show, CBS This Morning, The Wendy William Show, The Nate Berkus Show and many others. In October, 2008, George’s first book, Take This Dish and Twist It hit bookstore shelves. As colorful and funny as the chef himself, Duran’s book is packed with highly useful tips, extremely amusing anecdotes—and of course, obscenely mouthwatering recipes, revealing his delectably unexpected take on comfort food. On September 11th 2013, George Duran becomes the official chef for the Cookina brand non-stick product line. For more information please visit www.georgeduran.com.
About Cookina Cuisine Reusable Cooking Sheet
Cookina Cuisine Reusable Cooking Sheet is an innovative product that creates a nonstick, easy-to-clean and healthy cooking & baking experience. Ideal for using as an alternative to aluminum foil, parchment and wax paper, users can place the cooking sheet on a baking tray or pan to bake recipes without having to use oil of needing to clean the tray and oven afterwards. $12.99 / for more information, visit www.cookina.co.