Grab your friends and head to STACK, FIX, Citizens Kitchen & Bar, Diablo’s and Red Square for these delicious and fun shared plates to get the night started.
- Hot Rocks at STACK Restaurant and Bar—A staple on the STACK menu, Chef Brian Massie’s succulent and fun starter lets guests cook tender pieces of sirloin steak on a large hot rock right at their table.
- Bobby Baldwin Burgers at FIX Restaurant and Bar—Created by Chef Brian Massie, these bite-size burgers feature Kobe beef, aged cheddar, grilled onions and are served with spiced fries.
- Queso Cheese Dip at Citizen’s Kitchen & Bar — One of the most popular items on the menu created by Chef Brian Massie, the Queso Cheese Dip is made with chorizo and Velveeta cheese and served over a flame. Dig in and enjoy this cheesy dip with crispy tortilla chips.
- BBQ Corn Tamale Cakes at Diablo’s Cantina—At the Strip side favorite Diablo’s Cantina, indulge in Brian Massie’s signature BBQ Corn Tamale Cakes with pulled chicken, smokey BBQ sauce and green tomatillo sauce.
- Salmon Pizza at Red Square—This fancy pizza at Brian Massie’s Red Square includes caviar, in-house smoked salmon and pickled red onions.
Tomorrow is National Hot Dog Day! Celebrate this tasty food holiday at STACK Restaurant and Bar with Brian Massie’s popular Pigs in A Blanket (photo attached). Below is Massie’s recipe to create your own at home.
- 1 (6×12 inch) sheet puff pastry dough
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 72 Hormel “lil’ smokies” smoked cocktail franks
- Ketchup and mustard for garnish
For the pigs: Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F. Lay the sheet of puff pastry dough on a clean cutting board. Cut it lengthwise into three 2-inch long sections. Cut each 2-inch section into 1/2 –inch strips to make 72 strips. Lightly whisk the eggs and water together to make an egg wash. Brush the puff pastry strips with the egg wash. Place a lil’ smokie at the bottom of each strip and roll it so that the puff pastry wraps around it to form the pigs in a blanket. Brush the outside of the pastry with more egg wash. Place the pigs on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 6 minutes. Turn the baking sheet and bake for another 4-6 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and slightly crisp and the lil’ smokies are heated through. Serve with ketchup and mustard on the side.
Best Industry Parties in Vegas
Vegas locals and industry workers need love too—and like to party! The Light Group’s signature nightclub and pools offer exclusive events for locals and industry workers. While you’re there, mix and mingle and expect to see the who’s who in Vegas and local celebrities.
- Bare Pool Lounge — Bare Pool Lounge at the Mirage’s hosts the hottest industry pool party on Mondays. Locals get free admission with valid ID.
- HAZE —Every Thursday, HAZE at ARIA hosts Industry Thursdays with DJ Scene. This Thursday, HAZE hosts the outrageous Bottle Rat Race contest where 20 industry ladies compete to collect the most 1 oz. mini bottles for a shot at $10,000 in cash prizes.
- The Bank Industry Sundays —The only place to be on Sunday night is The Bank Nightclub. Locals and industry workers in the know, head to this hotspot on Sunday nights. Vegas favorites DJ KARMA and IKON provide the sounds for the night as well, making it one of the best industry night parties of the week.
- 1 OAK Nightclub—One of a Kind Tuesdays offers locals some of the biggest parties and performances. For a complete experience, stop by STACK at The Mirage before the party.
Producer/singer Ryan Leslie performs live this Friday at The Bank Nightclub at Bellagio. The Grammy-nominated artist has produced hits for artists such as Britney Spears, Cassie and his own hits including “Diamond Girl,” and “Addiction.” Media Check-in: Midnight