The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will be offering five educational workshops providing industry leading educational content that is practical and relevant for today’s foodservice professional. The workshops provide comprehensive and immediately actionable solutions and ideas, and will run during the event on Sunday, September 15 and Monday September 16 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. For details on the various workshops click here.
“Education is a top reason restaurant and foodservice professionals attend the event and we are thrilled to be offering five stellar workshops that will provide a variety of insight and expertise,” said Tom Loughran, Vice President of the Clarion UX Food & Beverage Group. “We are excited to announce a new workshop this year: The Tasty Trio which will be taught by three terrific women who own Florida businesses who will demonstrate their creation to engage the taste buds of customers.”
The schedule of workshops, include:
* Profitable Menu Design (Sunday, September 15 from 9:30am-11:30am). A menu is a restaurants’ number one marketing and profitability tool. Donald Burns, Author and Advisor will teach about menu size, fonts and colors, tips and tricks, pricing, designing on a budget, and menu rollouts. Click here for details.
* The Tasty Trio: Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Perfectly Prepared! (Sunday, September 15 from 2:30pm-4:00pm) Wine, Cheese & Chocolate pairing by The Tasty Trio is an experience fueled by the passion of three ladies and three awesome, Florida owned businesses. Jill Ramsier, Co-Owner of Quantum Leap Winery; Tonda Corrente, Owner/President of La Femme du Fromage; and Lisa Wilk, founder of Orlando Uncorked Wine Events will guide attendees through 3 unique and harmonious pairings created to engage their tastebuds. Click here for details.
* AllerTrain: an ANSI accredited, manager-level food allergy and gluten-free training course(Monday, September 16th from 8:30am-10:30am). This workshop informs foodservice professionals about the most common food allergens, proper protocol for preparing foods to avoid cross contamination, and special dietary needs. Beth Winthrop, MS, RD, Food Allergy Specialist will teach this workshop. Click here for details.
* Take Back Your Budget: The Key to Profitability Workshop (Monday, September 16 from 2:00pm-5:00pm). David Scott Peters, restaurant coach and developer of the Restaurant Prosperity Formula, will teach how to build a budget the right way to be profitable, and focus on the single, most-controllable number in any restaurant. Peters will show attendees how to put systems in place to not only control this number, but also to reduce it and make more money. Click here for details.
* Why Whiskey: Tasting & Education Workshop (Monday, September 16 from 2:30pm-4:00pm). Tom Fisher, Whiskey Expert & Educator will offer owners of establishments, bartenders, and anyone who regularly works with spirits the opportunity to taste previously unreleased and new bourbons, he will also teach how to enhance a Bourbon and Whiskey program. Click here for details.
There are also several exciting events taking place on Center Stage, including:
* Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Rum Edition (Sunday, September 15 from 1:30pm – 3:30pm) is an entertaining and exciting featured event where bartenders will demonstrate their creative and delicious Rum beverages in front of an esteemed judging panel. Click here for details.
* The Coaches “Hot Seat”: (Monday, September 16 from 10:30am-11:30am) Three of the industry’s top coaches will select a restaurant owner and explore who, what, where, when, and why of their business operations. Join David Scott Peters, Restaurant Coach & Expert from the David Scott Peters Restaurant Prosperity Formula; Emma Vaughn, Local Outreach Manager for GoDaddy Social; and Darren Denington, Founder & President from Service with Style Hospitality Group. Click here for details.
* The Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition (Monday, September 16 from 3:30pm-5:00pm). Competitors from FitLiving Eats, Nick’s Bistro and Our Urban Homestead will present a 20-minute demo of their meatless dish to a panel of three esteemed industry judges and live audience who will vote on the winner and crown the Rapid Fire Champion. Click here for details.
In addition to these workshops and special events, The 2019 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo will provide thousands of industry professionals with access to an expansive trade show floor offering the hottest menu trends, state of the art design and decor, a renowned education program, several culinary demonstrations, the presentation of the Torch Award and Beacon Award and much more. For more information, visit www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com.
The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo are produced and managed by Clarion UX, and sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association. Clarion UX produces 40 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA; Tulsa, OK and Fairlawn, NJ.