Discover your favorite new snack, cookie, granola and more from black founders. August is National Black Business Month. GoodFoodBrands is highlighting black-owned food and beverage entrepreneurs who ventured out to start their own business and created amaz?ingly delicious and healthy products. Discover your new favorite cookies, foods, snacks, and more at GoodFoodBrands.org.
August is Black Business Month and is designed to help celebrate and support Black-Owned businesses in the US. There are approximately 2 million black-owned businesses according to the US Census Bureau. Minority businesses have been especially hard hit by the effects of COVID-19 across the country, but Black Americans are experiencing a second pandemic, that of social and racial injustice. Our hope is that people across the country will support and buy black-owned products and start to integrate them into their everyday lives.
Organi?zer Jordan Buckner is a black-owned founder who runs TeaSquares (www.teasquares.com), a line of superfood energy bars. He partnered with six other business owners to help promote some of the amazing foods and beverages by other black founders.
Boxes are $39.99 with free shipping on www.goodfoodbrands.org
The businesses participating include:?
- Par?take Foods (www.partakefoods.com) - Deliciously Crunchy Allergen-Free Cookies. ?
- Partake Foods is a mom-run, minority-owned company that makes delicious, nutritious, allergy-friendly cookies designed to provide peace of mind to those with dietary restrictions and simple enjoyment to those without. Our cookies are made with simple, whole food ingredients like organic ancient grain flours, fruits/veggies, and minimal sugar.?
- TeaSqu?ares (www.teasquares.com) - Crunchy Energy Bars for Mental Focus.
- TeaSquares Focus Bites are deliciously crunchy energy bars made with superfoods for mental energy, focus, and clarity. TeaSquares also has asocial mission to hire young adults from underserved communities. We partner with organi?ations to hire single fathers and people who were previously incarcerated for minor crimes. In that way we hope to provide employment opportunities for those who need it most.
- Do Well (??www.eatlivedowell.com) - Hand Crafted Cocktail Syrup
- Do Well started selling at local pop-up events and vendor markets offering sandwiches to complement the beverages and to draw in more attention. Their mission is to lift as we climb. They regularly collaborate with other local small businesses and organi?ations that serve undervalued communities. In addition, they have a goal to employ and mentor young aspiring entrepreneurs.?
- Triple A Chin Chin (www.triplegourmeteats.com??)- West African Snacks
- ?Irresistibly sweet and mouthwateringly delicious chin chin crunchies are totally crave-worthy. Individually handmade using a traditional recipe with West African origins. These delectable fried goodies are best enjoyed during holidays spent in the company of family and friends. Pair them with coffee, tea or wine to treat your taste buds with an indulging gourmet experience.?
- Pa?’s Granola (?www.patsgranola.com) - Uniquely Delicious Crafted Blend of Granola ?
- Pat?s Granola is a line of gluten-free granolas which were first created to fulfill a need that Founder Pat Bennett had to feed her family better. Our hand-crafted granolas are made with specially selected organic ingredients that are tasty and provide sustained nourishment for health conscious consumers who desire a better quality food for their busy lifestyles. Our mission is to make food that we?’d share from our own kitchen for the ultimate granola eating experience.?
- A Doz?en Cousins (www.adozencousins.com) - Soulfully Seasoned Beans
- A Doz?en Cousins is a natural food brand that makes convenient side dishes inspired by traditional Creole, Caribbean and Latin American foods. Their first product is a line of authentic regional beans that are seasoned with real vegetables and spices and cooked with nutrient-dense avocado oil. The brand is named after the founder’s daughter and her 11 cousins.
- ?Emily?’s Foods (www?.Emilysfoods.com) – Gluten-Free Pret?els and Icing Dip
- Emily D. Edwards is a former social worker in private practice turned Founder of Emily’s Foods. During her own weight loss journey, she became frustrated with the lack of snacks, dips and icings options that was healthy, contained less sugar, more plant protein and convenient for her busy lifestyle. So Emily started making plant based icings: dips with pea protein powder to pair with her snacks in her kitchen and quickly reali?ed that people who did not eat healthy icings and dips fell in love with them.