Maybe Sammy – the coveted cocktail bar out of Sydney, Australia – currently #22 on the World’s 50 Best Bars list – has today announced the launch of “Stardust,” an anticipated new cocktail menu inspired by twelve of the most creative female icons of our time. I’d love for you to consider writing about it.
Developed by Maybe Sammy co-owner and creative director, Martin Hudak together with bar manager Paolo Maffietti and their bartending team, each cocktail on the new menu is served with the theatrical flair and innovation the bar is celebrated for. With drinks served in striking vessels including a silver disco ball, the menu is decorated with enchanting illustrations from Australian artist, Clementine Roslund, designed to elevate the individual cocktail experience beyond the drink. While enjoying their cocktail, guests can follow a digital link to a custom “cocktail filter” for beautiful Instagram posts designed exclusively for each drink.
Available from today, April 6th, Stardust features 12 signature cocktails, each inspired by women who have artistically revolutionized the fields of music, art, cinema and fashion. Highlights include:
- Dancing Queen (Cher) – $25: Cher – playful, sexy and lots of sparkle. Served in a disco ball glass, Dancing Queen is a feisty twist on a margarita with layers of coffee and tropical fruit notes.
- National Velvet (Elizabeth Taylor) – $23: With a diamond-shaped ice cube and citrus notes, National Velvet is inspired by Ms. Taylor’s adoration for diamonds and breakfast mimosas.
- The Prince and the Showgirl (Marilyn Monroe) – $23: Served in a highball and capped with a coconut veil reminiscent of her iconic movie scene, this cocktail is a riff of the classic Ramos Gin fizz; creamy, sour, fluffy, nutty and delicate.
- Flower in the Sun (Janis Joplin) – $25: Presented in a gold flower-shaped bowl, this rum-based cocktail is fresh, herbal and floral. It makes a statement, just like Ms. Joplin did, and pays homage to the flower child she was.
- It’s Only A Paper Moon (Ella Fitzgerald) – $23: A theatrical cocktail, this garnish will go up in flames, leaving a highlighly smashable smokey cocktail.