With National Tequila Day coming up on July 24, new, refreshing takes on the classic margarita are on the menus at Southampton Social Club, a trendy Hamptons restaurant known for its award-winning chef and a lively outdoor patio, and Talya, a Mediterranean hotspot in Montauk.
The Vita Coco Margarita, available at Southampton Social Club and easy to make at home, blends hydrating coconut water with tequila, pineapple juice, coconut puree and lime.
- 2oz Don Julio
- 1 oz Vita Coco Original Coconut Water
- 1oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2oz Coconut Puree
- 1/2oz Lime Juice
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice to chill
- Strain and serve over low ice
- Garnish with a lime
The Tzatziki Margarita, available at Talya, blends Patrón Silver and Metaxa 7 Stars, a Greek brandy, with refreshing Vita Coco coconut water, cucumber, dill, mint, and lemon juice and is served frozen. While not as straightforward to make at home, it’s a standout margarita worth a try for the unique and light flavors!
- 2 btl Patrón Silver
- 1 btl Metaxa 7 Stars
- 1 L Vita Coco Original
- 1 L Cucumber puree
- ½ L Lemon juice
- ½ L Dill & Mint Syrup
- 100 mL Agave nectar
- 20 g citric acid
- Build, use big rock glass, served as slushee.
- Garnished with a rim of tzatziki salt, mint sprigs and a dehydrated lemon wheel.
- For 1L of dill & mint syrup, parboil fresh dill and mint and infuse in hot 50/50 simple syrup for 1 hour.
- For tzatziki salt, use 200g of salt mixed with 100g of palm coconut sugar, 5g of dry dill, 5g of dry mint, 2 dehydrated lemons.