Expected to open October 1 2020, the hotel will feature elevated in-house food and beverage options
Grand Hyatt Nashville today announced the culinary team that will guide the food and beverage programming at the 25-floor luxury hotel located at Broadway and 10th Avenue in downtown Nashville, which is slated to open on October 1, 2020, within the new 18-acre Nashville Yardsdevelopment:
- Paul Resch, Director of Food & Beverage: Resch brings more than 20 years of hospitality experience to the team at Grand Hyatt Nashville. His tenure with the Hyatt family has led him to properties across the U.S. and most recently Grand Hyatt San Diego. Under Resch’s leadership, Grand Hyatt San Diego reported some of its highest revenues in the history of the hotel and received recognition for its food and beverage quality and creativity.
- Daniel Salomon, Executive Chef: Born in Casablanca, Morocco, Salomon opened his first restaurant just a few years after graduating from the French Culinary Institute in New York City, and quickly grew that success into a coffee shop, steakhouse, and multiple other restaurant concepts. Salomon will oversee the creative direction for Grand Hyatt Nashville’s entire food and beverage portfolio, including its dining options and banquet menus, supporting events and special occasions.
- Brian Owenby, Executive Sous Chef, Outlets: Owenby brings more than 25 years of experience as a chef across multiple resort properties, including the last 14 years at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, to the culinary team at Grand Hyatt Nashville. At Gaylord Opryland, Owenby oversaw all 20 of the hotel’s restaurants during his tenure. Owenby will oversee the menu at Grand Hyatt Nashville’s full-service restaurant.
- Yohan Lee, Executive Sous Chef, Banquets & Pastry: Before joining the Hyatt family in 2010, Lee graduated first in his class from the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) and went on to work in a number of notable kitchens, including the Biltmore Estate and Eleven Madison Park. Most recently, Lee served as the executive pastry chef at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar.
- Sierra Marcussi, Director of Event Operations: Marcussi found her passion for hospitality early on while working for Hyatt Regency Rochester while in high school. Her career has since taken her to Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, and Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, where she organized and hosted a number of prestigious events including a presidential inaugural gala, concerts for Billboard top 40 artists, world poker tournaments, high profile celebrity events, and numerous Fortune-500 incentive travel experiences. In her role, Marcussi will work with the sales and catering teams in bringing the hotel’s meetings and events experience to life.
Grand Hyatt Nashville will feature a diverse array of bars and dining venues throughout the hotel, including the gilded lobby bar Aurum, a coffee market serving specialty lattes and grab-and-go food options, the fifth-floor poolside bar and restaurant Solstice, a 25th floor rooftop bar, and a full-service restaurant called The Nashville Grange that will also have 24-hour room service offerings. These dining concepts are in addition to The Continental, Grand Hyatt Nashville’s signature restaurant helmed by renowned James Beard Award-winning chef, Sean Brock.
“We are thrilled to announce an expert team who will bring to life this wide range of bold dining options at Grand Hyatt Nashville to meet the needs – and celebrate the tastes – of Music City’s visitors and locals alike,” said General Manager John D’Angelo. “Whether you are looking for an elevated destination for happy hour, a quick coffee or lunch, or somewhere you can enjoy three delicious and balanced meals per day, the brilliant vision and hard work of our culinary team will have you covered.”
Located on Broadway within the 18-acre Nashville Yards development, Grand Hyatt Nashville will be surrounded by shopping, restaurants, bars, and entertainment and is within walking distance to many of Nashville’s most popular attractions, including the Nashville Convention Center, Country Music Hall of Fame, and Bridgestone Arena. In addition to the venues highlighted above, the premiere hotel will offer 591 beautifully modern guest rooms; a Grand Club Lounge; and a world-class spa. It will also feature 77,000 square feet of state-of-the-art event and pre-function space, including a 20,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom.
For more information or to reserve a stay at Grand Hyatt Nashville, visit www.grandhyattnashville.com or call (615) 622-1234. The hotel is currently accepting reservations for stays from October 1, 2020. Be sure to follow Grand Hyatt Nashville on Twitter @GrandHyattNash and Instagram and Facebook @GrandHyattNashville.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness
About Grand Hyatt
Around the world, Grand Hyatt hotels bring travel dreams to life by celebrating the iconic in small details and magnificent moments. Located at the crossroads of local culture and global business within major gateway cities and resort destinations, each Grand Hyatt hotel is uniquely designed to be a captivating destination within a destination. Grand Hyatt hotels deliver welcoming and elevated service, first-class accommodations and an abundance of options within a multicultural backdrop of dramatic architecture and bold and vibrant design. Grand Hyatt properties boast inventive restaurants, luxury spas, fitness centers, and business and meeting facilities. For additional information or to make a reservation, please visit grandhyatt.com. Follow @GrandHyatt on Facebook and Instagram, and tag photos with #GrandHyatt.
About Nashville Yards
Nashville Yards is an 18-acre development located in the heart of downtown Nashville. The project is designed as a walkable, urban community featuring outstanding hospitality offerings, including the luxury Grand Hyatt Nashville and historic Union Station Hotel, exceptional retail and restaurant options, a four-acre entertainment district and concert venue spearheaded by AEG Worldwide and MGM, and creative and Class-A+ office space anchoring Amazon’s future Operations Center of Excellence. The development benefits from open plazas and green spaces, including a 1.3-acre urban park that will span the west side of the project from Broadway to Church Street. To learn more about Nashville Yards, visit www.nashvilleyards.com or follow @NashvilleYards on Twitter and Instagram.