The 6th Annual National HR in Hospitality Conference, the only human resources conference specifically for hospitality professionals, announces a new technological twist to its extremely popular 3rd Annual Cornell University Executive Summit, Feb. 28 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. This year’s Executive Summit combines mobile technology and social media to help attendees determine the two hospitality HR topics to be discussed by an expert panel of HR leaders, hospitality employment attorneys and academics.
“This year our attendees will set the agenda for this rejuvenated version of the Executive Summit,” said JoAnne Kruse, HR in Hospitality Conference Chair. “Through text messaging and Twitter, conference attendees will vote for the topics most important to them, so they are sure to return from this conference with valuable knowledge and proven strategies to overcome their specific HR challenges.”
Voting will take place the first day of the conference. All attendees will be provided with twelve specific topics to vote from and simple instructions for casting their votes via Twitter and mobile devices. The HR in Hospitality Conference voting system will then rapidly calculate the two winning topics and an announcement will be made prior to the start of the Executive Summit.
“HR professionals will benefit from hearing the viewpoints of the best minds in the industry while taking advantage of an opportunity to add their own insights to hot hospitality topics,” said Claude Werder, Vice President of Human Resource Executive® Conferences.
The 3rd Annual Cornell University Executive Summitwill feature a panel of 13 hospitality decision-makers and two moderators:
- Debbie Brown, Vice President of Human Resources, The Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- Gregg Gilman, Partner, Davis & Gilbert
- AJ Kamra, Director Corporate Human Resources, The Dow Hotel Company
- Harry Katz, Kenneth F. Kahn Dean and Jack Sheinkman Professor, Cornell University ILR School
- Leslie Lerude, Vice President of People and Culture, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Robert Mellwig, Vice President of Human Resources, Destination Hotels
- Alan Momeyer, Vice President of Human Resources, Loews Corporation
- Doug Patrick, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Hyatt Hotels
- Carolyn Richmond, Partner, Fox Rothschild
- Matt Schuyler, Chief Human Resource Officer, Hilton
- Greg Smith, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Denihan Hospitality Group
- David Specht, Vice President of Human Resources, Patina Group
- Paul Wagner, Shareholder, Stokes, Roberts & Wagner
- Dave Sherwyn, Professor, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
- Bruce Tracey, Associate Professor, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
The Executive Summit is just one session taking place during theNational HR in Hospitality Conference, February 27 – 29, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. The 2012 event also includes a two-day Expo, multiple breakout sessions, ample networking opportunities and much more. View the complete 2012 program athttp://www.hrinhospitality.com/agenda.html <http://www.hrinhospitality.com/agenda.html> .
Professionals are encouraged to register before Jan. 16 to save $350.00 with the Super Early Bird Rate atwww.HRinHospitality.com <file:///\\www.HRinHospitality.com> or call toll-free 1-800-727-1227. For sponsorship or exhibitor information, please contact Fred Kurst email@example.com Nancy Sommar firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> .
ABOUT National HR in Hospitality Conference …
National HR in Hospitality Conference & Expo, established in 2007, is recognized as the nation’s only conference forhuman resources, labor relations and employment law professionals at hotels, resorts, restaurants, airlines and all other industries within the hospitality sector. HR in Hospitality is annually produced byHuman Resource Executive® MagazineandLRP Publicationsin partnership withCornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, Center for Hospitality Research and ILR School. HR in Hospitality conference programs are consistently designed to address the unique challengeshuman resource managementin the hospitality industry faces while providing targeted guidance,HR recertificationand networking opportunities. For more information or to register, please visithttp://www.hrinhospitality.com <http://www.hrinhospitality.com> or call 1-800-727-1227. Join the HR in Hospitality discussion ontwitter,FacebookandLinkedIn.